Search results

1. arvincito

How to clean filter socks

same here. then I soak it over night before putting to use.
  2. arvincito

Nitrile Exam Gloves

I am interested. Let me know how this develops.
  3. arvincito

Moving and need advice

Great job. Tank looks great. Thanks for the update.
  4. arvincito

Tank upgrade to a 55g

Avalanche, I am in a similar boat as you as far as the upgrade of tank and looking into something cool. I think that the marine betta is amazing, although I know little about them. Liveaquaria.com says the following: "The Marine Betta is not commonly kept in a reef-style aquarium, but it is...
  5. arvincito

Doc Oc rules - Octopus himmelincki video

That's very cool. I'd love to get one. What species did they have in the James Bond movie, Octopussy? Anyone know? It glowed.
  6. arvincito

What can you fit under your tank My Sump is red

that is beautiful. and expensive too, i bet
  7. arvincito

Evolution of my 60 gallon cube

That is inspiring. Amazing. And so rich in color. Great job!
  8. arvincito

Tank Upgrade - Substrate question

I agree that the sugar grain sand gets blown around a lot more than the special grade. It gets messy very easily. But it is also very soft.
  9. arvincito

Moving and need advice

I too am in the process of transferring stuff from one tank to the other, but I have the luxury of having about 3 weeks, but I also did the same as you: store bought distilled water, and collected some in jugs. It was a pain carrying those around, but it is working well. Congrats on the new place!
  10. arvincito

where to find pipettes for spot feeding?

I buy mine from a science supply store (like www.flinnsci.com), but partly because I am a science teacher. They have them there really cheap. Catalog Item number: AP8828 $0.35 each. I buy a package of 25
  11. arvincito

Info you wish you had when you started...

Great list! I'd say to have a long-term plan on what type of fish and corals to have down the road. Will they go well together (too aggressive or not?). So with this goes research your stuff. I bought more out of impulse at first.
  12. arvincito

Best size to start with ???

After long discussions with the Mrs, I was able to convince her to upgrade from a 29 up to a 54 corner tank, but because of space it had to be a corner tank. It is beautiful but also a pain whenever you want to get at the specs of the sump down within the stand... just too much crammed in and...
  13. arvincito

Hair algae!!!

I had a huge HA problem before but I was doing everything wrong. Yes, rookie mistakes. I wasn't using RO/DI water, I had some spots within the tank with not enough flow, not enough snails (i had crabs and some snails, but the turbo snails were they key I think -- it wasn't manageable any more)...
  14. arvincito

Pooled Order: Filter Socks

Hi. If it is not too late, I'd like to get in on 10 of those. Let me know the details when it comes time to order please.
  15. arvincito

New Guy

Thanks, fellas.
  16. arvincito

New Guy

Hi there, I have been reading this forum for some time. Lots of great advice going around. But this is my first post. I live in Boston. I have gone from a 20 gal initially then moved to a 30 gal, and currently upgrading to a 75 gal (big jump!). I am also planning out the details for my DIY...
Back