Search results

1. newenglandreef

AI Hydra Question

Hello fellow reefers-- I have 2x AI Hydra HD (52?). When using the app to set them, sometimes within minutes or sometimes within a day, all of my settings revert to 60 for every part of the spectrum. It's driving me crazy. Anyone have this problem and/or know what in the world to do at...
  2. newenglandreef

Fish Won't Swim in Water Column

Hello all-- I haven't signed on here for a while. Sorry if you've tried to reach me. I went to Europe this summer--and had someone watch my tank. Never a good idea. More or less wiped out my tank but for the fish. Anyhow, I am rebuilding. All the fish--except two--are always in the rocks...
  3. newenglandreef

Reef Deal Petco $1 per gallon sale

Petco is still holding their $1 per gallon tank sale, just picked up a breeder for $40. The one in Natick on Worcester St. has 10, 20, 40, 55 and 75's in stock.
  4. newenglandreef

Phosphate Reactor and Hair Algae

So I had a horrible hair algae outbreak. B set me up with a phosphate reactor, and within two weeks, it has literally cut my hair algae in half. It's literally starving it and dying off. Just figured I would pass that info along. Using Ferric Oxide in the reactor. Stan
  5. newenglandreef

Q: overflow not catching up to return all of a sudden?

I have a 75G reef ready, never had a problem with this before. All of a sudden, my return is pushing too much water for my overflow to catch up. Check the lines, no clogs in the return, anywhere? Anyone had this happen? Doesn't matter how much water I add, it keeps emptying the sump...
  6. newenglandreef

Ideas for DIY Controller and Lighting Canopy Housing

So I built a new stand and canopy (used a Kempston Reversible 1/4" shank bit from Amazon for the cabinet doors, best I've seen yet for under a hundred bucks in a 1/4" shank, came out beautiful). I'm trying to figure out how to inset my AC3 and Vega controllers into the canopy but can't think...
  7. newenglandreef

Float switch to AC III

How do you wire a float switch to an Aquacontroller 3? I want to be able to shut down all systems if/when a water level hits a certain height. thanks as always... stan
  8. newenglandreef

48 inch wide storage

Hi, I'm looking for a 48 inch wide storage container that I can place under a new 75 inch tank to protect against overflow. Any idea where I can pick one of these up?
  9. newenglandreef

Tunze ATO

I'm getting a constant "too high" alarm on my ATO-- anyone else have this problem? Junk it?
  10. newenglandreef

Clam Question

I've got a small desersa claim that I keep seeing tipped on its side. I've cleared the bottom for him to the glass--and there isn't enough current to push him over. Is he doing this from too much light or something? He's at the bottom of a 90. This is my first clam, not much experience caring...
  11. newenglandreef

Photos

Some cool photos on Weather.com: http://www.weather.com/news/science/spectacular-macro-photos-starfish-coral-20130325
  12. newenglandreef

largest colony in the club?

After watching the Omni show today, which predicted wholesale loss of reefs in our lifetime, it got me thinking? Who has the biggest SPS colony in BRS?
  13. newenglandreef

Power Outages

I know that when there's a power outage, it's hard to get online. But I see how many people lost tanks this week--a lot of long timers. I was checking this site pretty regularly and never lost power during the storm-- I've got a 4000W generator that was never used during the storm. PLEASE--if...
  14. newenglandreef

A new toy: plankton reactor

Love this: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aqua-medic-plankton-light-reactor.html?utm_source=www.Bulkreefsupply.com+Newsletter&utm_campaign=bf6a4504e1-Aqua_Medic_Reactors1_29_2013&utm_medium=email
  15. newenglandreef

Zoa's not thriving, reasons?

My zoas, which used to thrive in other systems, aren't doing great over a pretty significant period of time. I know zoas can be mysterious. Anyone know what factors would cause zoas to be held back in growth? They're not dying, but there not growing/spreading either. I've increased my...
  16. newenglandreef

Cheato for High School Tank

Anyone have some cheato around the Newton area they would be kind enough to donate to a high school reef tank? I don't keep a refugium. Thanks as always, Stan
  17. newenglandreef

New Find Today at UWW

Tough to leave Underwater World without something. New clam today, blue mantel (hard to see under the blues):
  18. newenglandreef

How many species of corals?

I Googled it and came up with the correct number (because it was from Wikipedia, so it must be true). Anyone have a guess of how many different species exist in the world today (not sure in that includes aquacultured)?
  19. newenglandreef

Classic...

In Tropic Isle today, had to double take this one...
  20. newenglandreef

Lazy Sunday

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back