Search results

1. SMI

Live Jellyfish tanks available? Has anyone...

Pretty interesting stuff! I fear allot of people with no aquatic experience will impulse buy, or buy and lose interest quickly once they realize there is work involved.
  2. SMI

No nothing in particular I was just curious about them I mean the tanks that they’re selling they seem kind pricey. I was just wondering if there was any particular special care required.
  3. SMI

Looks really small I can’t imagine any sea creature would want to be in something that small?
  4. SMI

I seen this on Facebook I think it’s a box jellyfish I know they’re ferocious pack hunters and I no virtually nothing about them I was wondering has anybody on here ever tried to keep a jellyfish in captivity either by itself or in a reef tank?
  5. SMI

Does anybody have a Maxspect GyreXF330 they could help me set up?

Well really happy with this Gyre pump, It’s the only pump that operates forward and reverse which is a really big deal because when I was a kid I used to race radio control cars so I’m pretty familiar with Speed controls and that’s pretty tough to do quietly and get them to ramp up and ramp down...
  6. SMI

I actually figured it out with both props on it it’s way too powerful so I’m gonna try pulling one of them off tomorrow see if that’s any better it’s a really really nice unit I’m really impressed with it nice big speed control nice big mosfet , whisper quiet if you didn’t feel it vibrate in...
  7. SMI

I’m gonna try a couple different configurations as well I know this company makes another high end wave maker that you can run with one prop and you can also run this one vertically as well as horizontally so? We shall se.
  8. SMI

And I may be switching the tank over to a reef and getting a long maybe like a 30 gallon long or a 40 breeder for the plants.
  9. SMI

Thank you that’s a great idea I’m gonna check it out
  10. SMI

It was funny when I went to pick up the Box the shear weight (uh oh, lol!). This thing is built like a Sherman tank.
  11. SMI

I paid a lot of money for this but I got it slightly used off of eBay and I think it’s most likely going to go on the for sale fourm because it’s huge I mean it’s a really beautiful impressive piece of hardware but it may be too big for my tank (I hope not) but I can’t even set it up to find...
  12. SMI

WTB Dwarf clown/zebra pelco etc.

I’m looking for a Pleco that actually stays pretty small for some algae eating and some color. I know they can get pretty pretty big so I’m looking for one that stays small. I will give it a very good home!
  13. SMI

Gone UNS 60S Shallow low iron tank

It’s a it’s a gorgeous tank and it would be an amazing fun project but I’m actually looking for something with more room for my fish and I’m adding a reef tank.
  14. SMI

Buying a new tank any advice?

Yeah I mean I’m not a huge fan of LED fixtures unless they’re Cob CREE. When I was doing South water it was all single or double ended metal halide’s and accenting T fives. I had a couple of chip light bars on my live planted and it grew nothing but hair algae (most of the plants leaves are...
  15. SMI

Buying a new tank any advice?

I have allot of experience with Salt water albeit it it was about 20 years ago I had a reef setup 40 gallon breeder with a 40 gallon sump. I want to set up another tank in addition to my live planted but I was thinking of converting my current 32 gallon bio cube back to its intended reef tank...
  16. SMI

So it’s only 10 gallons, I’m sorry it looks much bigger
  17. SMI

I’m interested if still available? Steve Looking for something bigger
  18. SMI

FS Red Sea Max c250

Still available?
  19. SMI

Did you see this new little reactor for Sterilizing/Algae...

It looks like it uses a rechargeable power supply which means I can’t use my power and it doesn’t have an air pump hooked up to it yet it produces bubbles. They’re marketing it as a UV sterilizer and all around past eliminator (I guess on a Ppm level. I’m guessing it’s like basically...
Back