Search results

1. SMI

Live Jellyfish tanks available? Has anyone...

I seen this on Facebook I think it’s a box jellyfish I know they’re ferocious pack hunters and I no virtually nothing about them I was wondering has anybody on here ever tried to keep a jellyfish in captivity either by itself or in a reef tank?
  2. SMI

Does anybody have a Maxspect GyreXF330 they could help me set up?

I paid a lot of money for this but I got it slightly used off of eBay and I think it’s most likely going to go on the for sale fourm because it’s huge I mean it’s a really beautiful impressive piece of hardware but it may be too big for my tank (I hope not) but I can’t even set it up to find...
  3. SMI

WTB Dwarf clown/zebra pelco etc.

I’m looking for a Pleco that actually stays pretty small for some algae eating and some color. I know they can get pretty pretty big so I’m looking for one that stays small. I will give it a very good home!
  4. SMI

Buying a new tank any advice?

I have allot of experience with Salt water albeit it it was about 20 years ago I had a reef setup 40 gallon breeder with a 40 gallon sump. I want to set up another tank in addition to my live planted but I was thinking of converting my current 32 gallon bio cube back to its intended reef tank...
  5. SMI

Did you see this new little reactor for Sterilizing/Algae...

It looks like it uses a rechargeable power supply which means I can’t use my power and it doesn’t have an air pump hooked up to it yet it produces bubbles. They’re marketing it as a UV sterilizer and all around past eliminator (I guess on a Ppm level. I’m guessing it’s like basically...
  6. SMI

Keep your floaters from obstructing your light, $2.00

I wish I could take credit for this but I actually saw someone on YouTube do it. Pretty effective for a couple bucks at the dollar store keep your floaters to the side effectively.
  7. SMI

Sold Sold plz delete

I’m located in Malden Massachusetts but would be willing to half well within reason. Do you know boxes are included about five or six years old still looking very good condition no scratches slight discoloration but I take excellent care of my stuff. (781) 420 0763 Steve! Thanks!
  8. SMI

CO2 regulators, I’ve been doing my homework it seems like they all have seem to have problems?

YesI know it’s live planted and yes I know this is a coral thread in a reefers site (please don’t yell at me...much ) I’m saving up for another SW reef tank. That being said , I’ve been trying to avoid dosing CO2, not necessarily because Of the added expense. Because they’re not exactly set...
  9. SMI

Freshwater Oysters and clams?

Does anybody know where I can get Live tropical freshwater oysters and clams?
  10. SMI

Welcome all to a great site with a lot of knowledgeable people a great marketplace and great sponsors!

I found this site like 20 something years ago, I used to do saltwater exclusively now I do live planted freshwater I’ve been doing aquatic pets since I was probably seven or eight years old now I’m 46 I would go back to saltwater but it’s sort of time consuming right now I don’t have much to...
  11. SMI

WTB C02 regulator for LP FW

I was checking out the ones on aquarium plants.com they’re pretty expensive I know you’re not supposed to skimp on the regulator but I was seeing if there has been any alternative ones that I’ve been pretty good since then.
  12. SMI

WTB Reliable ATO FW 32 gallon bio cube

I don’t really have a lot of room to work with for the solenoid I’m sure you’re familiar with the bio cube the sump is incorporated into the back of the tank and I have about an inch and five eights of wiggle room before I need to add water. I usually have to put water in the tank twice a day...
  13. SMI

My 12yo freshwater live planted biocube

96w HOT 5’d, current USA live planted freshwater + LED light bar, UV sterilizer large Malaysian driftwood a mixture of Polynesian lava rock and Japanese soil, Bio media consists of micro bio balls large bio balls ceramic rings mini ceramic rings soft water pillow and to density filter floss with...
  14. SMI

Any BRS sponsors out there sell freshwater live goods (Plants etc.) and supplies?

There’s a ton of new plant guys popping up on Facebook and Instagram but I’d like to support the sponsors if possible. Thanks in advance Steve.
  15. SMI

DYI electricians, I want to convert this compact hood to T5 is it possible?

I just purchased this coral life compact fluorescent fixture on eBay really cheap, however the quad bulbs are very difficult to find. I wanted to convert it to HO T5 or 2 compact fluorescent it has a 96 W ballast (So I’m not sure the length or the wattage of the bulbs to use to equal 96w very...
  16. SMI

FWP Can someone help me please identify this

17. SMI

FW question about The difficulties and options of growing a lawn on the substrate?

I’ve been doing tons of reading about seeds on eBay and cultured tissue implants or semi mature grass mats and even fake mats I just wanted to grow something that would resemble a lawn in the bottom of my tank but it seems to be very expensive and very difficult and very messy if not done...
  18. SMI

Stumped LightIng question possibly upgrade more grow less show, please advise

I currently have a 4-5 year old current satellite freshwater LED 13 W 6500 K 600 lm sitting basically at water level and I also have 5 year old satellite freshwater LED 7.5 W 300 lm and 6500 KLED also sitting water level I’m getting pretty good growth now as much as I like but I also Want to...
  19. SMI

Showing considerably LESS growth...

My tank is about 4 1/2 years old now and I’m not sure if the substrate is still as nutrient rich as it was at one point because my plants aren’t growing nearly as fast as they once did regardless of experimenting with different light parameters I don’t dose anything as of this point CO2 or any...
  20. SMI

Despite my crack and mystery leak still happy with my tank...looking on sale forum for comparable replacement.

I don’t think I’m gonna do another bio cube the glass is just too thin I would like to do something a little bit higher end rimless nuvo, IM something like that and I’ll have to get a refugium for the filtration.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back