Search results

1. V

Heating issue anyone?

I had this fan set up with a digital aquatics controller/temp probe, set to turn on when the tank got to warm(>80F). it worked great and its for sale! http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/skimmer-rock-testers-gfo-carbon.157629/#post-1334789 Aquatek AQT-F06 cooling fan $25.00
  2. V

Any Majano Wand users?

I have majano wand, it works well if you have a couple of Aiptasia to keep them in check. I don’t think it’s worth the money, I ended up getting a raccoon butterfly and he works great.
  3. V

Sock filters, yes? no?

Thanks. I'm going to try running without for a bit and see how things go, one less thing to maintain.
  4. V

Sock filters, yes? no?

I have a 90 gallon mix with a ProFlex Sump Model 3 refuigum(rocks and cheato) with skimmer and running carbon and GFO. I’ve been running it with sock filters from the beginning and wondering if I can get away with not using them. Do most of you use sock filters, are they worth using? Any...
  5. V

Lettuce nudis and wrasse

I got a Foxface for my byropsis problem, wiped it out in no time.
  6. V

my bryopsis battle!

Bryopsis, I'm not sure about hair algae.
  7. V

my bryopsis battle!

I had the same problem. Picked up a Foxface, he got ride of it and maintains its.
  8. V

Emerald crab eating bryopsis

I have some emeralds that eat bryopsis, but very little. My foxface does a great job eating that suff, don't let it grow..
  9. V

white stuff

I have that stuff in my tank as well, does anybody know what causes it and how to get ride of it?
  10. V

Copepods

All three FS in Salem NH sell Tigger-pods
  11. V

raising mag to 1600 to kill bryopsis

I’m in the middle of doing the same thing, I bought a Foxface to get rid of it, he does eat the stuff, but I have a lot of it in the tank. I been removing it by hand and have been increasing the Mag(Kent), it’s been a brutal fight but it almost all gone.
  12. V

Maroon Clownfish?

Aside from hanging with the anemone and protecting that area, do you think that he would be less prone to chasing other fish? This clown will travel from his side of the tank to the otherside just to chase the Foxface.
  13. V

Maroon Clownfish?

I have a medium size Maroon clownfish, he is very territorial and constantly chasing after my new Foxface.
  14. V

whats your temp

76-77
  15. V

What kind of Caulerpa is this and who will eat it?

Caulerpa vs. foxface Great! BTW, is this what your algae looked like?
  16. V

What kind of Caulerpa is this and who will eat it?

I'm having a growing problem with Caulerpa in my tank, I'm considering getting a foxface. How is he doing with this algae?
  17. V

Algae problem

Aside from some emerald crabs and snails, I don't have a good herbivore. would a Foxface eat this stuff as well as a Naso tang? Thanks
  18. V

Algae problem

I’m battling this Algae can anyone identify this? I think it is Caulerpa? Does anybody know what eats it or how to get rid of it, I was thinking that lettuce nudi might eat it
  19. V

cuc

+1 reefcleaners.org
  20. V

on line coral vendor

Has anyone bought corals from Steel city coral, any experiences with them? http://www.steelcitycorals.com/
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back