Search results

1. xtreem

Interesting read

https://m.phys.org/news/2018-03-submarine-groundwater-affects-coral-reef.html
  2. xtreem

Tell me about LED lighting

On a side note, I went from MH to LED to grow some plants. The LED results are outstanding. It blew MH away in terms of quality and quantity. I just switched my tank over to led from stock biocube lighting. I'll know more on how they are with my corals (mostly lps and softies) in about 3...
  3. xtreem

~~ LTR Thanksgiving + Blackfriday weekend hours + promotions ~~

so if we mention the secret password, that would be a 40% store credit if paid with cash???? I'm good with math....sometimes.
  4. xtreem

Reef Deal Anyone spot Black Friday specials out there on LED?

Check out TrueLumen leds on Amazon. Prices are slashed big time. I just bought the nano kit for $80
  5. xtreem

Seahorse is pregnant; fry FREE to fosters

Any updates on the birth and success of your fry?
  6. xtreem

Newbie - Biocube 14 Refugium Question

Hi, I also have a biocube 14 that has not had a problem for over 3 years. First, keep it stock. Chamber 1,2,3 going from right to left. Chamber 3 having the return water flow. Use a small 50 watt heater in chamber 1. Chamber 2, use 4 or 5 bioballs on the bottom. Purchase a 6.5 ounce bag of...
  7. xtreem

Love The Reef @ eBay !

I didn't read back far enough, but if we win an auction, do we have the option to pick it up in Wakefield and elimate shipping charges??? thanks in advance.
  8. xtreem

Devil Worm destroyed after 5 years of hunting!

You can always try this. Used it for a couple bristle worms with great success. I still keep 2 worms in the tank. If I see them reproduce, I just put this device back in and get all the little buggers. http://www.marinedepot.com/miscellaneous_coralife_trap_em-ap.html
  9. xtreem

What type of algae is this??

I also used ChemiClean with excellent results. I have an entire bottle left if you want to borrow some. But I would def define what it is before treating your tank with an anti bacterial.
  10. xtreem

planting pot ?

Oh, the subject line mislead me. I thought you were going to grow some.....never mind.
  11. xtreem

Pissed!!

I read this post just because the subject line said 'pissed'!
  12. xtreem

Seahorse medication needed - diamox AKA Acetazolamide

I am in need of diamox AKA Acetazolamide. I have a tigertail SeaHorse with a minor case of Gas Bubble Disease on his tail. Do you have any extra that you would sell or know of a place where I coulod get some ? (CVS?). Thanks in advance. Will also post this in public Forum. Thanks in advance.
  13. xtreem

Alagae issues see the pics and tank details any help appreciated.

update: never used that powerhead. 15 days later, no Cyano has returned. Tank is flourishing. No damage to any livestock including copepods.
  14. xtreem

Can I go without a skimmer for a month with a 28G Nano Cube?

You can go forever without a skimmer in a nano. The amount of water volume changed per month, assuming you do a 20-30% water change, outweighs any benefits a skimmer provides the system. I have a bio 14 with no skimmer and stock filter, minus bioballs, and added a handful Chaeto macro algae...
  15. xtreem

Steve, you are dead on with the causes of Cyano except you don't mention poor water flow. However, all of the above have been addressed prior to resorting to chemiclean. As of today, the tank looks like new. During treatment, I did lose 2 heads of a candycane. Though I feel that was more...
  16. xtreem

As of 2:00pm, all Cyano is gone. All corals still look healthy. Copepods can be seen roaming through the crushed gravel. System has another 10 hours before I do a 20% water change and put back the coal and purigen.
  17. xtreem

yet another nitrate question/issue

just make sure the test kits used haven't expired. I had huge no3 readings, even right from the filtered water system. Turned out, the expiration date expired on the kit. it was dated October 2006! And I bought it new on ebay last year. go figure. Hope this helps.
  18. xtreem

I started my chemical eradication approach yesterday at 10:00am. Added an airstone to the main tank, removed carbons and Purigen. Added a scoop of ChemiClean per 10gal of water, disolved first before pouring into the tank. When I left the office last night at 4:00, there were no changes to any...
  19. xtreem

Also, a cleanup crew may or may not eat your Cyano (if that is what it is). I tried dwarf blue leg and hawaiian left footed hermit crabs with no positive results. They just won't touch it despite what people claim. http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/crabcarehermits/p/prdwarfbluelegh.htm
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back