Search results

1. xtreem

Interesting read

https://m.phys.org/news/2018-03-submarine-groundwater-affects-coral-reef.html
  2. xtreem

Seahorse medication needed - diamox AKA Acetazolamide

I am in need of diamox AKA Acetazolamide. I have a tigertail SeaHorse with a minor case of Gas Bubble Disease on his tail. Do you have any extra that you would sell or know of a place where I coulod get some ? (CVS?). Thanks in advance. Will also post this in public Forum. Thanks in advance.
  3. xtreem

Nitrate readings - invalid?

Nitrate levels have been high in my 14gal biocube for sometime despite 80% water changes. I never lost any organisms after 10+ months. I have an outbreak of cyanobacteria (minor). 1 small damsel along with soft corals. Filter is stock with bioballs. A layer of purigen and Chemi-pure elite...
  4. xtreem

A good breeding article from Boston Globe

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2010/11/01/breeding_nemo_maine_lab_flourishes/?page=1
  5. xtreem

unknown growth in tank

I purchased some live rock from a member for my new biocube 14. One piece had these dime sized brown spots, maybe 4 -5 on various parts of the rock (imagine a flat brown piece of chewing gum). After 1-2 weeks, they turn clear. I then notice if they are near any Zoas, the clear spot will...
  6. xtreem

Domino Damsel hosting a BTA

I have used a Damsel to cycle my tank. It's been about 2 months now. Last week I added a BTA. Today, the damsel has been hanging out inside the bta, acting as if he was a clown fish. Has anyone heard of this behavior before? I wasn't expecting this at all. Thanks!
  7. xtreem

Quick Intro

Hi, I have had a Biocube 14 up and running now for about 3 weeks. No modifications as of yet. Bioballs are still present. Will Mod in a few weeks. I have about 4 years experience with a 20 gal marine fish only tank. This is my first attempt at beginner corals etc. Tank has cycled and is...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back