Search results

1. M

Fijicube sump reviews?

Hi there, I'm going to be upgrading my smaller system and plan to purchase a sump rather than build one. I have been looking around and came across the Fijicube sumps. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Right now they are on sale and they seem to be pretty decent. There just...
  2. M

Does anyone make T5 strips

The plan would be to add more light in general. I would use two 36" pros and am not sure which color route to go. Either 1 full spectrum and one ultra actinic. Or a full and a 50/50. Thoughts? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  3. M

Perfect. I appreciate the info. Would I be better off with a certain one over another for color combination? I could always change out my t5 to mix as well. Any specific thoughts on it? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  4. M

Dong, I was debating adding two of the reefbar pro to my current 4 bulb t5 over my 40b. Seeing as you mentioned you just purchased some do you believe they would be a good addition to the 4 bulb light rather than purchasing a 6 or 8 bulb fixture? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  5. M

Sump baffle question

Hi there, this should be a fairly easy question (maybe). I recently acquired a sump from a friend and began to run it to check for leaks in my system. I noticed that the baffles are just about the same height all the way across. First is 11 and 1/8th and the other two overs are 11. Will this...
  6. M

Anyone use filters4h20 sediment filters?

Hi there. Curious if anyone uses them? They have a .5 micron absolute 4 pack relatively cheap. Any info or first hand experience would be great thanks. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  7. M

Lfs near salem area

That is actually one I have been to as its not nearly as far as the rest lol Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  8. M

Lfs near salem area

We are talking MA but I don't mind traveling a bit up to nh then coming back down. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  9. M

Lfs near salem area

If I have the time I may try to hit up all 3. Thanka Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  10. M

Lfs near salem area

Hi there. So I'm heading up to the salem area tomorrow and I was curious if there was any decent stores local to the area. I have the whole day and would like to hit up one of two if possible. I'm traveling from western MA and rarely am up in the area so any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanka...
  11. M

Simplicity 120dc

That's a tad shame. As I didn't know or read many reviews so I went and bought the vertex omega instead as it was on sale. But good to know for future reference. Thanks Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  12. M

Simplicity 120dc

It's a 40 breeder with 30 sump. I assume the 130 would be sized right I was just not 100 percent sold on the vertex but with the price it seems hard to pass up. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  13. M

Simplicity 120dc

That's what I thought the pump was. I appreciate the info. Was hoping someone had first hand experience though. I'm in the look out for a new skimmer and with black Friday approaching I was hoping to find a good deal. I was thinking the vertex omega 130 since its under 250 on sale. Anyone have...
  14. M

Simplicity 120dc

Hi there. Have been browsing for a new skimmer for awhile now and came across the simplicity. Does anyone run one or have experience with them? Maybe direct me to a review as I am having a tough time finding any real solid info from personal experiences on them. Thanks Sent from my Nexus 7...
  15. M

Bean overflow questions

Yah. You know I never even thought about the level part. I mean obviously I planned to level it but never thought of the way it would work its way over the overflow. I'll have to make sure its perfectly level when I so set it all up. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  16. M

Bean overflow questions

Myster- I probable won't go up and over as I don't want to see it. Doc- I think I'd rather have elbows as this will be my first bean build and I wanna make sure I do things easy/well/correct haha. Another question. Do the holes get drill all the same height or are they different? I have...
  17. M

Bean overflow questions

I was hoping to keep the footprint of the overflow as small as I could just due to the fact the tank is so small. I'm kind of just building this on a whim haha . I could also leave the drilled hole for the return on the outside of the overflow which would be able to reduce the entire size of the...
  18. M

Bean overflow questions

John - I thought about using the external box but that seems as if it'd be too much....well just too much everything in building and designing. As for the end of the tank I'd rather not just as it would have plumbing In an area I'd rather not due to the location of the tank. I did think about...
  19. M

Bean overflow questions

If that is the thought I might as well stick with 1 inch for it all. I was hoping to save a tad on space as this is in the kitchen. But if need be 1 inch it is ha. That's kind of what I assumed and read for the size of the overflow. I was also thinking of drilling for a return and then using...
  20. M

Bean overflow questions

Hi there, so I have done a lot of reading and it doesn't seem like I can find an answer to my questions. First, I want to build a beananimal overflow on a 30 long. Would 3/4 inch bulkheads and drains be sufficient as it seems the 1 inch would be overkill. Second, I would want to have a coast...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back