Search results

1. JimmyC

WTB Sand

Live or dead sand. Starting up again I have 20 lbs looking for another 20 for my 40 cube. Thank you
  2. JimmyC

Free Turbo snails

I have 5 large turbos if anyone wants them. I’m going to bag them and drop them off at the LPS . Let me know by 4pm today
  3. JimmyC

Reef Deal buck a gallon

Petco in Woburn is having the buck a gallon sale. 40 breeder you can't beat it!
  4. JimmyC

Charged again and no membership card

Hi , Last year I was charged double and opted to just let it go for two years but I just noticed that I was charged for this years membership. I would like to get that money back and be taken off auto please. Thanks 1. Real name- Jim Conserva 2. Username- JimmyC 3. Address- 40 Water St...
  5. JimmyC

How to catch a purple lobster

OK Lobster has to go. This thing has a endless stomach. I feed him everything but he persists on eating all my snails and small fish. :mad: I love him but for the amount of time I get to see him isn't worth it. Any suggestions on catching this guy. Without tearing apart my tank. Thanks
  6. JimmyC

tang question

I have a good size yellow tang in my 120 and I am getting a purple tang same size. I would like to keep them both . Question is can I take out the yellow and put him in my 55 refuge for like a week and then put both tangs in the 120 at the same time? Do you think that the yellow tang would...
  7. JimmyC

Mini LED light for daughters tank

I was looking at the Kessil led light and said "man that is a nice light and easy to make " So I tried it out. LMK what you guys think. This LED has 5 3w leds 1 @ Red(660nm) 2 @ blue (460nm)and 2 @ white (1@6500k and 1@10000k). I Used a small driver I bought on ebay, and I used the heat sink...
  8. JimmyC

Compromise for 120g display

Ok my wife loves her electric fireplace she bought like 8 years ago and I built her a small cubby in our living room for her so it looks like a real fireplace, well I bought a 120 gal upgrade and I had no room to put it and thought it would look good having an in wall, SO I asked my wife to let...
  9. JimmyC

moving need some advice

ok here is what I was thinking any suggestions would be great. I am moving from Malden to North Andover so thats like a 30 minute drive, not bad. I am going to set up a 120 display in my living room this weekend and was going to fill it with new salt water and new sand with a couple cups of seed...
  10. JimmyC

Yet another LED build

Here is a LED build I just finished for a friends frag tank
  11. JimmyC

Custom led light and stand

Here is a the stand that was built with help from a few friends. (Britnee and Steve).
  12. JimmyC

Jim's Tom 2g Contest tank!!!

I was fortunate to get one of the only two from Skiptons and I already started drilling. HA HA HA Now I got a hole what am I going to do with it......hmmmm I know!!! Give me a second I will post more pics soon.
  13. JimmyC

What have i done!!!

I might of made a mistake, I bought a Volitan lion and now I might be regretting it. He was just a tiny guy only 3-4 inches that was five weeks ago. Now he is about 6-7 inches and is eating everything. I think I been feeding him too much , I didn't think he was suppose to grow so fast. I been...
  14. JimmyC

Pics of my sump and added refugium.

just set this up, going to add a 30 long, somewhere.
  15. JimmyC

want to move into spf

Hi , I have currently a 90 gallon tank with a 55 gal sump and another 55 gal refugen and am putting on a 30 long frag tank soon. I have been using on my display tank half leds on one side and t5s on the other to see what produced better ,well LEDs won so now I'm building a full LED hood for...
  16. JimmyC

Vodka dosing

I was wondering if anyone out there that doses vodka has a sump with cheato in it or does the vodka doing removes all the nitrates and phosphates that the cheato lives on?
  17. JimmyC

Another LED light

This is my CADS (Can't Afford Designer Software) drawing of the LED light I am building for my 90 gal.
  18. JimmyC

looking for skimmer info

My pump just died on my skimmer and I was looking into getting a new one, but the skimmer is only rated for 110 gallons. I have a 90 with 55 gal sump that probably holds 30-35 gals with the skimmer and sand and rock , ect. now I am hooking up another 55 back to back to the other 55 that will...
  19. JimmyC

UV Serilizer

I have a sterilizer but not hooked up. Is it worth it , Is it beneficial for my tank? I am upgrading my overstocked 30 gallon to a 90 btw
  20. JimmyC

internal or external return pump?

Ok now that I will be running flex hoses down to the basement I need to decide on the return pump. I would like to use a pump which is the most efficient. I have two 55 gallon tanks back to back the feed is going into one side of one 55 that is going to be all macro algea , then that spills into...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back