Search results

1. S

BRS Soda Ash mixing proportions

So I have been using BRS Soda Ash for my 2 part for a long time now. I recently got a new refill and noticed that the mixing instructions have been changed from 2 1/3 cups of soda ash per gallon of water to 1.5 cups of soda ash per gallon. Has anyone else noticed the difference? Asking question...
  2. S

Free Free Chaeto

Hi Chaeto is overgrowing my refugium. You are most welcome to drop by and pick some for your's. Otherwise, bunch of it will be thrown away during my weekend aquarium maintenance. I am in Boxborough, MA
  3. S

My new chaeto refugium

That explains some things I am observing in my aquarium when it comes to nutrient export.. good to know.. thank you!
  4. S

My new chaeto refugium

Looks awesome! Is there any benefit of removing overgrown chaeto? I always see the pods swimming around on my refugium walls and hate the idea of killing even a small population of pods if I throw the chaeto away.
  5. S

Thoughts on Waterbox?

Their good with there grammer :D
  6. S

FS Sofa + 2 Loveseats set

I am selling a well-maintained black leather sofa and two matching love seats at a great price. Features: Color: Black Material: Leather Condition: Excellent, no rips or tears Home Environment: Smoke-free, pet-free (no furry pets) Dimensions: Sofa: 79.5”L x 33”W x 31”H Loveseat: 58”L x 33”W...
  7. S

Top Lids - Wonderful experience

After loosing couple of fish to jumping out of the aquarium, I DIY'ed a screen mesh for my bowfront aquarium in 2020 (https://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/72g-bowfront-mesh-lid.169784/). It proved useful as not a single fish jumped out. However, it was falling apart and I came to...
  8. S

FS Hinges and locks (indoors)

It’s a long shot but wanted to post incase there is any interest.. After some renovation I changed the hinges and door knobs of all the inside doors in my house. There is nothing wrong about them except they are golden in color which did not go with new hardware we put in. In all there are...
  9. S

Show me your sump

10. S

Gone Three small RBTAs

Sorry.. all the BTAs have been sold.
  11. S

Gone Three small RBTAs

Bump.. going to LFS if not picked up by coming Sunday.
  12. S

Gone Three small RBTAs

Selling 3 small RBTAs - $10 each or $20 for all 3. Pick up in Boxborough, MA. Thanks for looking.
  13. S

Gone Green slimer mini colonies and Toadstools

I have 4 frags/mini colonies of green slimer and 3 frags of green toadstools. The toadstool frags are almost identical in size and $15 each. The green slimer frags vary in size and hence their prices are as shown in the photo below. Green slimer frags have been cut almost 3 months back and are...
  14. S

Homemade Frozen Food

@dz6t - Do you keep the scales on salmon? same question with shrimps - tails on or tails off?
  15. S

Testing for phosphates and nitrates in an established aquarium

My tank is predominantly SPS + LPS and I am happy with the things the way they are.. Good coloration, good growth. I stopped testing Nitrates and Phosphates because every time I kept getting 0 or very close to 0 values for both. I understand more data is better (in fact, this is my common...
  16. S

Testing for phosphates and nitrates in an established aquarium

Just wondering if people regularly test for nitrates and phosphates once their aquarium is established; unless there are any obvious signs or reasons like algae growth or death of multiple/big living creatures in the aquarium etc... My aquarium is now 5 yrs old and last time I checked for...
  17. S

FS Kids room - Twin bed and mattress + closet

Selling a twin bed frame (black) with a mattress. Both items are lightly used and without stains or rips. Non smoking house. No cats or dogs in the house. Looking for $60 or BO. Also looking to sell a small closet (white) - 36"(W) X 71"(H) X 19"(D) with two drawers at the bottom. Looking for...
  18. S

FS Live Phytoplankton - 16oz Nannochloropsis

I have started culturing phytoplankton again and made more than what my reef needs. I have just today harvested 16oz of phytoplankton from my culture. I have used Mercer of Montana's starter culture. The 1st photo is my setup and the culture on day 1. The 2nd photo shows the 2 8Oz bottles that...
  19. S

Gone Small RBTA

Was able to remove one more RBTA. It is about 1.5" in diameter. Please see the pic. Free for members. $5 for non-members. Pick up in Boxborough MA Thanks for looking!
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back