Search results

1. hurdbird

FS Nikon Macro Photography Lens

I have the following barely used macro photography lens for sale. Great lens for taking macros of your corals. Original box included. Bought new. Designed for use with Nikon’s. Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 VC USD Lens for Nikon $300 OBO Text me at 774-406-7178 if you’re interested. Thanks!
  2. hurdbird

FS Clean Out Sale - High End Misc

Hello everyone. Like the title says, final clean out sale to clear up some more room. All prices are OBO but let’s not waste each others time. Interested in package prices to limit trips. Spectrapure RODI Maxcap 90 GPD - $175 40 gallon brute w/ lid and roller stand - $50 Ink Bird heater...
  3. hurdbird

Sold Tank Breakdown Fish Sale - Tangs / Anthias

Hello, haven’t had much luck packaging my system so I’m going to break it down. I have the following fish that I would like to move asap. All fish were bought quarantined from TSM Aquatics and have been living healthy in my system for three years now - $250 OBO 1 - med yellow tang 1 - small/...
  4. hurdbird

Sold Tank Breakdown Sale - Complete Waterbox 130.4

Hi all, been a while since I've posted but life is getting in the way and its time to move on from my tank for now. Tank is still currently full and running so looking to sell as a package deal for now. I have everything you could possibly need to be happy in this hobby x10 lol. Everything...
  5. hurdbird

SPS Tank Moving Company

Hi everyone! Been a while since I posted but need some help. Bought a new house about 20 mins away from my current home - Stoughton to Raynham and need to move my Waterbox 130.4 mainly SPS tank. Move date will be first week of May. Does any one have personal experience / recommendations with...
  6. hurdbird

Radion G4 XR30 / XR15 PRO

Looking for (1) Radion G4 XR30 Pro or potentially (1) G4 XR15 Pro with RMS mount for a new frag tank. Let me know what you have. Thanks!
  7. hurdbird

Mosquito Spraying Tonight!

Mosquito spraying tonight 8PM to 3AM by airplane. They have issued warnings that it could kill outdoor fish ponds so I’d suggest closing your windows and plugging off outdoor air intakes to your tanks!
  8. hurdbird

Apex Help

Looking for an Apex expert to come over and help me with basic Apex programming, setting up alarms, checking current configuration over, etc. before I go live. Willing to pay with cash and / or beers!
  9. hurdbird

Reef Maintenance Companies

A friend of mine is looking for a local reef tank maintenance company for when he starts his tank back up. Recommendations? He’s in East Bridgewater. I’d be interested in getting some pricing too for vacation check ins.
  10. hurdbird

Stoughton area reefers?

I will be working on my build over the coming months and trying to get up and running in the hobby after a very long break / learning the ropes. You can follow along in the build thread if you’d like. It’s always good to have some local reefers for advice / eventually sharing frags with! Who’s...
  11. hurdbird

Sean's Waterbox 130.4 Mixed Reef Build

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/seans-waterbox-platinum-130-4-build.533454/ Hi everyone! After a long hiatus and a lot of life changes, I have had the itch to get another reef tank going and finally finished my house renovations and have a place to put it. I started the thread above on R2R...
  12. hurdbird

125 Gallon, Fish Room, Sump, Mixing Station and LED DIY Build

I am starting to pull together equipment as we speak. I currently have a 90 gallon mixed reef up and running on the 2nd floor of my house. Everything will be converted to the new 125 long in my finished basement. I will be using an existing closet as my new fish room. The room will hold a 40...
  13. hurdbird

Programming MP10 / MP40 on 90 Gallon Reef

What is the best way to program and run an MP10 and an MP40 in a 90 gallon reef tank? I am definitely going to run the MP40 as the commanding pump with the MP10 as the slave but I do not know what is the best mode to run. I have SPS, LPS, softies and zoa's. I have a tall rock structure as...
  14. hurdbird

ID Help

What is this? I had one along time ago and removed it from the rock and it came back like 5 months later. Now theres a couple. How do I take care of this and what exactly is it? Thanks in advance. Sean
  15. hurdbird

Fin Eating Parasite?

I noticed my blue jaw trigger had some rough spots on his fins where it appeared he had gotten possibly bitten. Today it was much worse and now he probably has about an 1/8'' piece of his fin missing. All of my fish are extrememly healthy and active as always. All other fish's fins are...
  16. hurdbird

40 Breeder Sump Help

I picked up a 40 breeder to turn into a sump at the PETCO dollar / gallon sale last night. I am going to need help with the design portion of this sump. I've seen a couple designs online but wanted to get your input first. I'm thinking skimmer section on the left hand side with filter sock...
  17. hurdbird

Possible Catastrophe Waiting To Happen?

I was doing my usual tank maintenace yesterday when I noticed the black piece of plastic or whatever it is that surrounds the glass on the bottom of my tank is starting to crack. Does this mean the glass inside is likely weak and going to break on me very soon? There was no damage to it...
  18. hurdbird

Battery Back Ups

What is everyone using for battery back up systems? I'd be looking to keep my return pump, atleast two of my four powerheads, both heaters, and protein skimmer running for an hour minimum. Lights wouldn't be necessary because my coral could easily survive a short period of time without the...
  19. hurdbird

Sand Screen

I am getting sand build up in my sump. I would like to add a sand screen that would stop the sand from leaving my fuge area and getting to my protein skimmer and return pump. Any ideas on a product that is reef safe and would stop small fine sand but not restrict water flow? Where to buy as...
  20. hurdbird

Reefkeeper Elite vs. Neptune Apex?

I have heard really good things about both of them. I am slightly leaning towards the Apex because of friends reviews. Please help me make the right decision here haha. Pretty big purchase and I want to make sure I am going to get one that lasts me a while and does what I need. Thanks in...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back