Search results

1. B

Lasers

Anyone recommend a laser for aiptasia removal? Or have one to loan? Or maybe have a mod to install lasers on my clownfish ala dr evil? TIA
  2. B

Anemone dying

Can it be saved?
  3. B

Alk drop

Using Red Sea coral pro salt my alk was at 6.6. Dosed it up to 8.1 last night and it’s already down to 7.7? Using Hanna alk checker. Innovative Marine 40 drilled with sump.
  4. B

Coming back from the dead!

My house has been fallow for about 2yrs and I’m getting a used Nuvo int 40 turn key setup on the 23rd. Does anyone know of a refugium that would fit in the stock cabinet? It has a hob five currently but I’d like something a little bigger if possible. Thanks
  5. B

Laser pointer for aiptasia

Anyone use one and if so which one. I've been looking into this as aiptasia x hasn't been enough to get all the little buggers!
  6. B

Crisis!!!! Help

Woke up to a large crack in back panel of my 93 cube. Dripping all over #%€£%. I have a fuge and sump but I need a tank asap. I have a few tangs so if it isn't a big cube it's gotta be at least 75 gall 4'. Please someone save me, my wife already hates this hobby and if I don't find a...
  7. B

plumbing help

What does everyone commonly do to go from 11/2 pvc to the bulkhead of a tank 3/4? Slip pvc inside or go abit larger and glue the crap out of the threads and go outside? Just recently changed my plumbing and used vinyl tubing to go over threads but it wont stop dripping.
  8. B

head height chart for jebao

I need 750 gph at 6'. Cant seem to find the info i need. Does anyone know which jebao dc pump would be best?
  9. B

Filter

Has anyone tried making their own power filter? Power head soda bottle filter floss and rubble? Just curious.
  10. B

Coral food

I've been feeding rods coral food. Was thinking of trying some other products. Reef chili,reef roids, marine snow, oyster feast. What are your recommendations?
  11. B

test kit for copper

Using api and it is damn near impossible to tell what my copper is reading at. Can anyone recommend a better kit with easier to read colors?
  12. B

Par meter

Trying to locate the par meter and find out where I am in line.
  13. B

tank buffing

Does anyone buff out scratches from tanks or know of someone that does? Please pm me with info. ASAP hoping to get water in tank this week, I have gotten some scratches or bit there are still some left. Thanks
  14. B

Reef Deal Memorial weekend sales?

Anyone hear of any sales coming up for the holiday? WTB Rke with net and salinity and I'm going for a deal.
  15. B

Tank drilling bit

Does anyone have a bit that I could use? I need to drill 2 holes in a plexiglass fuge that I am repurposing into an Algae Turf Scrubber. Also need to drill a 40 b. If no one has one where could I buy one locally without getting raked over the coals? Thanks. Chris
  16. B

Sand

What sand is everyone using and why? I'm going to be having high flow so I'm looking for a larger grain but not crushed coral
  17. B

Reef breeders

Is there a local distributor for reef breeders in New England? I was quoted a pretty good price from a distributor in Texas but if like to give someone local the chance to match/beat it.
  18. B

Reef radiance

Anyone use the lumentek 180 pro? Considering one of these for my 93 cube. Any input would be greatly appreciated
  19. B

Par meter

Does the club have a par meter? If yes how would I go about borrowing it?
  20. B

Reefbreeders 24"

The it 2060 is basically the same light dim able programmable etc. I have a 93 cube which is 30x30x30 could I get by with 1 and do sps lps. Obviously no sps in sand bed.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back