Search results

1. Woofwoof

how long for payment processing

Hi there. I paid to renew my membership yesterday. I was wondering how long it take to process my payment. Looking to sell my Red Sea Reefer 450 complete set up and can’t post in the sale section. Thanks
  2. Woofwoof

ID Please, Confirm My Fears

Hey all, I bought a 90 gallon set up with a 100 gallon rubbermaid basement sump with plans of moving everything from my 65 gallon. I set up all the rock and coral in the basement sump. I put better lights over the sump for the rock and corals as it was gonna be a little time before I did the big...
  3. Woofwoof

Tank transfer

Hey all, I'm buying a 90 gallon tank with a basement 100 gallon sump from a fellow reefer. I am putting it in place of my current 65 gallon. My tank has been running for about 3 years, his has been running longer. I will be using a combination of his rock and mine. I will be replacing the sand...
  4. Woofwoof

Hitchhiker Anemone Good or Bad? Please ID

Hi all, I have found this small anemone in my tank a few weeks ago. I got a new coral frag about a month and a half ago and that was the last addition in close to a year so I assumed it was a hitchhiker from the new coral. When I saw it I got scared an searched for all the "bad" anemones and...
  5. Woofwoof

Where did my GFO go?

Hey all. The last time I filled my GFO reactor I ran out of my BRS GFO. I couldn't fill my reactor with as much as I usually do. Well tonight during my water change I noticed I only had about half of the GFO I originally put in the reactor. I guess it tumbled to fast without its normal amount. I...
  6. Woofwoof

MP 10 Placement in a 65

Hey all, I'm picking up an MP10 from a fellow reefer tonight and I'm wondering where to put it in my standard 65 gallon tank. I currently have an Evo 750 and 1050 in the back corners mid tank blowing slightly up to the front. I'm running them on my RKE. Should I put the MP10 on the back wall...
  7. Woofwoof

What in the world is this thing?

So I'm having a few issues with my tank. It's one is I went away for two weeks, set up the reef keeper and ato for the trip and auto feeder, and had my sister checking on the tank. While away on of my ballasts went and my tank has only been running on one ATI daylight an one purple plus so now I...
  8. Woofwoof

LFS near Fort Myers Beach Fla

Hey all, I'm in Fort Myers Beach Florida for two weeks. Anyone know of any good LFS we can poke around while we are down here? Thanks
  9. Woofwoof

Which Tunze Pumps Do I Need?

Hey all. I want to get some Tunze pumps but I'm not sure what I need. I have a standard All Glass 65. I want to control them with my Reef Keeper Elite so I assume I need the "controllable" 12 volt ones so I can use the adjustable power settings of the RKE. If I have the RKE do I still need to...
  10. Woofwoof

BRS Bio Pellets or GFO/Carbon and Cheato

Hey all. Is anyone using Bio Pellets? I couldn't make up my mind about using BRS bio balls in my BRS reactor. Read everything I could find about them and as usual people either loved them or hated them. So anyways I ordered them and put them in my reactor and now my maxi jet just isn't powerful...
  11. Woofwoof

Carbon in bag or reactor?

Hey all, I just got and set up a BRS single media reactor. I also got BRS GFO and BRS ROX .08 carbon. I Planned on running the gfo and carbon in the same reactor, but at the last minute after looking online it looked like it might not be a good idea to run both in one reactor, especially the...
  12. Woofwoof

Reef Deal Petco $1 a gallon sale coming soon

Hey all just wanted to pass along the word. I was at Petco today as I'm looking for a 29 gallon tank to redo my sump and I asked if they knew when the next $1 per gallon sale was. I was told they weren't sure but they expect the sale will be this week or the next as they have been shipped...
  13. Woofwoof

Help my skimmer is going crazy!!!

Please help I just got a new Reef Octopus NWB-150 in sump needle wheel cone skimmer and put it in my sump for my 65 AGA. From the second I plugged it in it immediately fills and overflows the cup with wet white foam. The gate valve is fully open, it's in about 7 3/4" of water (the manual says...
  14. Woofwoof

Where to buy thin wall PVC?

Hi all, I want to buy some thin wall sch 26 PVC to build a Durso standpipe. I bought a used tank and it still has the free fall overflow with the big sponge over the drain pipe. I live on Cape Cod and I can't find it at my local HD "lite". Does anybody know where I can buy some without spending...
  15. Woofwoof

What size power heads do I need?

Hi all I'm setting up a 65 gallon tank and will be moving everything from my Biocube 29 once this tank has cycled. It will be a mixed reef tank with about 80-90 lbs of rock. It has a quiet one 3000 return pump with 1" pipe and about 4.5 ft of head. I Plan on having 2 Hydor Koralia Evolution...
Back