Search results

1. Docstach

Curtain call for my 125g

I will be taking down my 125g soon (I will be getting something different shortly after we move) so I wanted to take some pictures. This was my first major (30g>55g>125g) tank where I put in a lot of time and effort planning everything. It has been going strong for several years (with a couple...
  2. Docstach

May need to sell my 125g, advice?

So there is a pretty good chance I will be moving soon. I am not sure if this will just be somewhere else in Boston or to another city. Regardless, when I move I have decided I am going to sell everything and start over a bit later. I am definitely not getting out of the hobby, but I don't...
  3. Docstach

Skimmer stopped skimming

I noticed that my skimmer hasn't produced any skimmate since I emptied it last time about a week ago. I can't tell the reason though. It still seems to be pulling in air and water is flowing through it, just not foaming up like it used too. I don't think any surfactant or anything like that...
  4. Docstach

Mandarin Advice

I have an older (~8-10years) mandarin who developed a lesion on her dorsal surface about a month ago. At first I thought I thought she maybe scrapped it against something, but it hasn't healed. While I think she has lost a little weight, she is still eating. I couldn't quite figure out why it...
  5. Docstach

Pics of my 125g

Just some cell phone pics, but a couple turned out OK. Full Tank Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Bubble Tip Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Blue/green coral Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr Untitled by Matthew Stachler, on Flickr
  6. Docstach

testing... (added to aquascape)

I decided to try flickr to store/share photos so I wanted to see if I can make it work. Plus I just recently got a like (reefbreeders photo v2 16). I am still trying to figure out how to program the thing, but otherwise so far I like it. In addition, I found this cool tonga branch rock I...
  7. Docstach

Online photo hosting sites

So photobucket isn't really working anymore. What are some decent free photo hosting sites?
  8. Docstach

Lighting dilemma

Well the blue channel on my old "black box" LED is dying. It has lasted longer than expected and has done a good job. Now I am trying to decide what to replace it with. My problem is that the black box I had reconfigured (IE added some warm white and red) to cover the sectioned off part of my...
  9. Docstach

Changed a few things around, Couple of pics

I ended up getting rid of a large green slimer colony I had (I wasn't planning on selling it but thought a changeup may be fun) and in it's place stood a small tonga branch upright and attached a few frads. As they grow I think it will look pretty good. Pictures came out blurrier than I would...
  10. Docstach

My mmazing new coral

Check out my new coral. It is hard to tell from the pictures but it is bright white with green tips! it must really be able to change colors because just yesterday it was almost entirely green. :rolleyes: I really have no idea what happened. I haven't touched it and all my other...
  11. Docstach

Got into a fight with my green slimmer colony

It Won. Was cleaning my tank the other day and my arm rubbed against my green slimmer. Apparently I developed an allergy to it because it really started stinging and got a significant skin reaction... Didn't expect that from this corol.
  12. Docstach

Love my new fish

I really shouldn't do this as it is pretty early but they have both been in my display for a couple of weeks now and have been doing well. I picked up a red tail/sargassum trigger and a Singapore angel from DD. I have always loved the singapore angel but never thought about getting one since...
  13. Docstach

Burgessi Butterflyfish, Red Tail/Sargassum Triggerfish or Bluethroat Trigger

I realize these are two completely different fish, but i think I have room for one more larger fish and want something somewhat unique. I am torn between a Burgessi or a smaller red tail or blue throat trigger. I think I like the color of the red tail the best, but there is something about...
  14. Docstach

Dirty Glass Pictures

Sometimes I think we obsess over everything so much we forget to just sit back and enjoy (well at least I do and I do very little compared to most). Anyway, was fairly happy with the way everything looked so just took some pics on the phone, dirty glass and all. Still trying to get a few...
  15. Docstach

Fish Trap

Anyone in the Boston area have a good fish trap they would like to rent out for a couple of weeks. I need to catch a fish. I tried a homemade pop bottle trap but it wasn't very successful. I would pay with any frags I have and/or can have the fish. It is an algae blenny who is perfectly...
  16. Docstach

Few post cleaning pics

Did my monthly maintenance yesterday and took a few pics. Grow has been good lately, but color is off a little. Which is funny, because usually the opposite is true.
  17. Docstach

How I control the grow of fast growing Paly's

So I have a couple of types of Paly's (gold dust that color great under light and some BRIGHT green ones) that I really like, but grow so fast they can start to take over an area quickly. Instead of trying to cut or scrape out the unwanted growth, I have started making a thin Kalk slurry and...
  18. Docstach

New Fish suggestions

I am sad to report that I lost my one spot foxface yesterday. Not really sure what happened. I walked by the tank and saw him/her stuck to my mini carpet. I think he was too big and strong to get caught by the small anemone if something didn't happen. He was the first fish I added to my 125g...
  19. Docstach

Jawfish

Just some random jawfish pics. Fun little guy to watch. Top Down
  20. Docstach

SPS grow observations (long with few branches vs short and many branches)

Just a random observation and I was wondering the cause. I have a green slimmer that has been doing well in my tank. With "standard" reef conditions IE lots of flow and LED lights with a heavy blue lean it grows like a typical green slimmer. By that I mean it has long stalks with few...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back