Search results

1. Dp11

Frogspawn dying? Now war coral

There is a bunch of mushrooms around the frogspawn but my war coral is gone and there was no mushrooms near it
  2. Dp11

the only thing I've tried is sucking it off the coral
  3. Dp11

Well I took out the frogspawn over the weekend it was all but completely gone, I tried to get it out without spreading anything and apparently was not successful now my war coral is covered Any thought on if I just suck the brown jelly off ? Will this spread to everything in the tank? Any...
  4. Dp11

Never used aptasia x As for ammonia my Hollywood stunner was stinging my war Corel and part of it is dying I was wondering if that had anything to do with it? It does look like brown jelly (I never heard of that before) should I pull the whole frogspawn out befor it spreads?
  5. Dp11

This is it this morning, also the Hollywood stunner chalice is about 8 inches away
  6. Dp11

Just tested and alk was between 120 - 180 closer to 180. Ph about 7.8 and ammonia 0.25
  7. Dp11

No new fish, and would alk cause a change that fast?
  8. Dp11

2 days ago my frogspawn was the size of a softball and doing great then all of a sudden about 7 heads were gone, any thoughts why?
  9. Dp11

downsizing and have a few questions

I’ve been thinking of downsizing going from my 55 gal to 10 gal and had a few questions, can I just take some of my sand, water and live rock from the 55 and just add it to the 10 gal and then add the fish and corals? Also I want to keep 2 clown fish, 1 RBTA, and a few of my corals (Acan...
  10. Dp11

Sea hare vers Mexican turbo snails

The only place I could put my tank is between 2 windows? (but I keep shades down most of the time) water always tests good. The tank has been up and running for almost 3 years and the hair algae has only been about 4-6 months, so not sure why all the algae
  11. Dp11

Sea hare vers Mexican turbo snails

I'm trying to rid my tank of a ton of hair algae and I've been told try either a sea hare (i can get one thats about 2-3 inches) or about 12 Mexican turbo snails. does anyone have a suggestion on either?**
  12. Dp11

Photon 48 LEDs

I saw the post the other day of a new sponsor "Reef Breeders LEDs" and was wondering what would be a better fit for my 55 gal tank with softies and LPS, I was planing on going with a 48" 4 bulb Aquaticlife T-5 (I have T-5s now but the fixture is shot) but then I saw the Photon 48 LED, is that...
  13. Dp11

Any ideas what this is?

Thanks, I think that's what it is
  14. Dp11

Any ideas what this is?

I have both, and no new additions
  15. Dp11

Any ideas what this is?

Any ideas what this is? I noticed this little neon green think attached to one of my baby plates (the plate is about 1/4 inch)
  16. Dp11

Looking for suggestions on lighting

I am in need of a new light, I have a less than 2 year old t-5 and it's not working right at all (fan making crazy noise, only 3 lights work most of the time and sometimes only 1 works (new bulbs) so I was looking for suggestions on a new light, I have a 55 gal and mostly soft LPS corals. Should...
  17. Dp11

Algae, algae, and more algae

No I haven't run carbon should I?
  18. Dp11

I just recently had water tested and alk 6.5 cal 350 mag 700 nitrate 0-5 nitrite 0-5 ammonia 0 I'll try to get the rest later. My skimmer is the larger HOB octerpus BH 2000 so I think it's bigger than I need it seams to pull alot. I try to do 15 gal water change every month (I have 4 fish in...
  19. Dp11

I am running a HOB skimmer, when you say nutrients do you mean cut back on the fish food? And I always use ro/di water that I get from Unique Aquaria
  20. Dp11

I didn't know that, for the past few months I had only 1 Koralia 1150 the other one died on me but I just got a second one this week, does anyone know if 2 1150s are enough for a 55 gal? I don't have a refuglum the cabinet is too small underneath is it advisable to do a HOB one?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back