Search results

1. Dp11

Frogspawn dying? Now war coral

2 days ago my frogspawn was the size of a softball and doing great then all of a sudden about 7 heads were gone, any thoughts why?
  2. Dp11

downsizing and have a few questions

I’ve been thinking of downsizing going from my 55 gal to 10 gal and had a few questions, can I just take some of my sand, water and live rock from the 55 and just add it to the 10 gal and then add the fish and corals? Also I want to keep 2 clown fish, 1 RBTA, and a few of my corals (Acan...
  3. Dp11

Sea hare vers Mexican turbo snails

I'm trying to rid my tank of a ton of hair algae and I've been told try either a sea hare (i can get one thats about 2-3 inches) or about 12 Mexican turbo snails. does anyone have a suggestion on either?**
  4. Dp11

Photon 48 LEDs

I saw the post the other day of a new sponsor "Reef Breeders LEDs" and was wondering what would be a better fit for my 55 gal tank with softies and LPS, I was planing on going with a 48" 4 bulb Aquaticlife T-5 (I have T-5s now but the fixture is shot) but then I saw the Photon 48 LED, is that...
  5. Dp11

Any ideas what this is?

Any ideas what this is? I noticed this little neon green think attached to one of my baby plates (the plate is about 1/4 inch)
  6. Dp11

Looking for suggestions on lighting

I am in need of a new light, I have a less than 2 year old t-5 and it's not working right at all (fan making crazy noise, only 3 lights work most of the time and sometimes only 1 works (new bulbs) so I was looking for suggestions on a new light, I have a 55 gal and mostly soft LPS corals. Should...
  7. Dp11

Algae, algae, and more algae

help! I had been away for a little while and now my 55 gal is loaded with long green algae and red/purple cyano? It's all over the rock and the back of the tank as well as some on the sand. I did a water change, tried to syphoned up some of the cyano from the sand, and tried scrubbing the rock...
  8. Dp11

light not working correctly any ideas?

I have a deep blue solar xtreme 4 bulb light an I just put in 2 new bulbs a few weeks ago, everything worked fine then today I just noticed that one of the bulbs is not working I swapped the bulbs around and found that its the light fixture does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong and is...
  9. Dp11

Not sure what it is?

The past few days I've noticed a very short (looks like white) hair like growth on the glass, too small to take pic. Any ideas? Thanks
  10. Dp11

is it still alive?

I'm looking for thoughts on my war coral, this was what it looked like when I first got it and it was growing well but after the hot spell we had this summer (no chiller) it looks like this, I'm not sure if it dead or not, if so should I remove it from the tank? thanks for any thoughts
  11. Dp11

Hiding RBTA

Does anyone have any ideas why just recently my RBTA is moving all around and hiding behind the rock in the back of he tank most of the time?
  12. Dp11

coral not looking too good

I'm wondering if anyone knows whats happening to this coral, everything else looks good in the tank thanks
  13. Dp11

Loud skimmer

Does anyone know of any mods to quiet a HOB octopus bh 2000? I can hear it humming thru out the house Thanks
  14. Dp11

does this look like cyano

does this look like cyano? if so whats the best way to get rid of it? it's only in one corner of my tank on the sand I scooped most out a week ago but it came back thanks
  15. Dp11

paying for membership

i was wondering if the information is still the same on the thread (sticky note) "joining through CC rather than paypal"
  16. Dp11

Changing cabinet

I’ve been thinking of changing my cabinet, I have a 55 gal tank that has been up and running now for about 4 months (3 fish, and some corals) the cabinet I have now is an older one and is too small to fit a sump (so everything is HOB) so I was wondering if I would have to empty the whole tank or...
  17. Dp11

Skimmer question

I just added a octopus BH 2000 skimmer on my 55 gal about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it seams that it's pulling just dirty water, yesterday I emptied the cup and this morning there was at least an inch of dirty water again, is this normal? I thought it was supposed to be more of a foam? Is it I just...
  18. Dp11

Does he ever stop?

I was just wondering, Saturday we got a orange spotted goby and a pistol shrimp, as soon as they got in the tank they paired up and the shrimp started digging and digging and digging! So will he always be digging? I'm starting to get a little nervous of him undermining some of the rock, already...
  19. Dp11

Skimmer and light ?

I'm now about ready to get a skimmer and a light the 2 skimmers that have been suggested are Octopus BH-2000 Protein Skimmer and the aqua C remora does anyone feel one is better than the other? Also has anyone used a t5 4 bulb deep blue solarxtreme high output light? It was the one that was...
  20. Dp11

Capturing a crab

I found a crab in my tank other night must have hitchhiked in on some live rock, I couldn't get a picture of him but he is about the size of a nickel, grayish brownish? hairy, and has dark claws, someone said rock crab? But said get him out! I read the thread about getting rid of them, one...
Back