Search results

1. iroc2zep

Tank slowly crashing. Please help, tough one

So where do i begin....this started roughly March 1st, 3 hermit crabs were constantly on my orange monti cap and shortly to follow was some algae growth(diatoms maybe) on the cap. I banished them to the sump, algae growth went away for about a week and then started back again. It also started...
  2. iroc2zep

African cichlid tank pics

Just some pics of my Africans
  3. iroc2zep

Dave's 120 build

So after having my 72 bowfront up and running for 3 years now I am going to be upgrading to a 120. I have recently purchased a tank, stand and tons of equipment from some fellow reefers. New build will consist of 120 DT with a 40 gallon refugium along with a 150 gallon stock tank located in the...
  4. iroc2zep

Mongo Monti

Just a few pics of a large cap in my 72. It has grown from small 2" frag 2 1/2 years ago. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  5. iroc2zep

Radion xr30 scheduling advice

I upgraded from 2x 250 mh supplemented by 4 t5 to 2 xr30 pros, sps ddominant in 72 bowfront. I used ecotechs acclimation schedule starting at 35% and maxing out at 75% over the last 4 weeks. Just looking for any input from anyone on what has worked for them and any schedules they have enjoyed...
  6. iroc2zep

Some Close Ups

7. iroc2zep

Earth Hour and help supporting the reef

Just thought I would share and help spread the word about Earth Hour. Millions of people will be shutting off there lights at 8:30 pm on March 29th to raise awareness for our planet. They also have some projects and one of them includes a reef documentary. You can find more info at...
  8. iroc2zep

Interesting symbiosis

I was feeding some LPS tonight and a Nassarius snail approched my war coral and tried snatching some food from it, the edge of the coral slightly lifted up and a tiny somthing started attacking the snail, the snail went away and the creature went back under coral. It was so small and quick I...
  9. iroc2zep

Show Some Polyp Extension!!!

Just pumped since I got WP-25 2 weeks ago and coral loving it. Lets see some pics of some awesome extension!!!
  10. iroc2zep

Coral ID Please

I got this awesome sps from Archit last weekend and we weren't exactly sure what it was. From research I've done I was thinking maybe a Hydnaphora. Thanks
  11. iroc2zep

Can coralline dye off from water flow change??

I have some coralline that is starting to turn white at the very top of tank on the glass probably the top inch or so. all parameters are in check and the only thing that has changed is water flow. I just got a wp25 last week and have wave on surface where before not so much. Curious if this...
  12. iroc2zep

Time to replace bulbs, any advice on which spectrum combo I should go with??

Well, Its that time to replace my 4-54watt T5 bulbs in my fixture, I currently have 4 of the ATI blue plus bulbs(460nm) that I have been happy with. Cant decide if I want to try somthing different or stick with what I have. I also have 2 250watt 14k MH in same fixture that I just replaced.Tank...
  13. iroc2zep

Help Please indentifying disease or injured fish

I need help identifying a possible injured or sick fish. I came home today with a white spot on the base of its pectoral fin on my Kole tang and the fin in that area is being used minimally.. doesn't look like a fungus just looks like discoloration in the fins. The fish is acting normal except...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back