Search results

1. K

FS Beginner corals for sale

My neglected tank finally getting some attention. Slimming down the overgrown Would like to move these along. I believe these are green eye zoa's smaller frags 20+ heads 5$ Large Rock 5"x6" with 100+ heads and pulsing zenia 30$ Clam shell 40+ heads and pulsing zenia 15$ Small rubble rock with...
  2. K

Help identify

Forgot what I bought few years ago.. Looks kinda like a gonipora but it's shorter and more of a hard crusting coral
  3. K

Free Styrofoam cooler

12x12x 10 Pick up in carver or south Boston
  4. K

One plus 7t macro setting

Just a couple
  5. K

New sump setup help

So I have a red sea e260 that I installed the sump kit on. I just bought the pipes and attempted to fit a aqueon pro flex 3 underneath. The problem I'm having is when the system powers down The sump is maxed out for water level. But with everything running the sump water level is to low to run...
  6. K

How to trim mushrooms?

Shrooms getting to be overwhelming. What's the best way to keep them at bay or in a specific area.. Scalpel?
  7. K

FS Neptune cor15 new. + Apex stuff

Neptune cor15 return pump Was going to run in sump. Decided to go another direction... This is new open boxed item. Never used or seen water. Asking what I paid minus taxes 300$ Neptune atk Only one optical sensor working. Asking $70. (New sensor costs about $30 shipped) Apex wifi Currently up...
  8. K

First posted pics

Just took a few under the blues on my one plus 7t macro filter First time posting pics.
  9. K

Who can guess what I'm doing

Argh
  10. K

Help identify algae

This stuff is short and reddish in color. But it clings to the rocks.. So I can't pull it off or brush it off. Thinking it's a red hair algae... Just ordered a clean up crew from reef cleaners +3 Mexican turbos. Any other input for controlling it?
  11. K

Lovely pets in Kingston opening Thanksgiving week

Just thought I would throw that out there.
  12. K

Gone Gone

I have two 5gl buckets of crushed coral. Free to someone who will use it.
  13. K

Anemone won't open

So I have this small bubble tip nem that hasent opened up in 6-8 weeks...just closed up..not melting. I've fed it chunk of raw shrimp..but its hard as I have to hold it on the mouth until it gets a good hold. It moves around if I put it under direct light. Could it be annoyed with my clown...
  14. K

New aquascape?

Setting up a new to me red sea 260 36x22x 56 high. Looking for opinions on rock. After everything starts growing out do you wish you added more rock or less rock to start with. I've never had a good eye or completly satisfied with what I have done in the past. I'd like to set and forget this...
  15. K

Large bristle worm

I have a very large bristle worm I've been trying to catch...I think it's responsible for a few missing creatures in my tank..any tricks for getting it out of the rock work..currently in a 5 gallon bucket.. I've tried dipping in high salinity water...food at bottom of mason jar..Panty hose over...
  16. K

Tank flow question

Getting sick of looking at two power heads and a jeabo wave maker in my display. It's a smaller 38g aio cube. My thoughts are a gyre 130 Or maybe just a upgraded return pump to push more water through the return nozzels. Any recommendations?
  17. K

Clown bully

So I had a pair of clowns but one of them died...I since then added a smaller clown...however the bigger one is being a bully...I've seen her nipping at the smaller one...I've seen her get his fin and spin him around... Very food aggressive. Is there anything I can do to help keep the peace? I...
  18. K

gfo reactor questions

so finally got a reading on phosphates. they were high, hence all my algae growing.. so started looking into brs gfo/carbon reactor. found they have a mini 5" reactor. it's almost the same price as the full size reactor... my thinking is its only a 40g tank.. and smaller would mean less media...
  19. K

Petco deals

Just grabbed some blue leg hermits for .69 cents And a fire shrimp for $33 They match online sales..
  20. K

Dead or alive?

So i had a low alk problem...i raised it to quick and lost some corals.. This big orange cap bleached..there is a faint pink color on the edges.. Is there any chance it could come back? Or should i cut my losses and take it out of the tank. This also happened to a gorgonian.. It lost its color...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back