Search results

1. MrX

Paul B's thread

That desktop isn't too bad for the price (referring to the one on the left). Just over $100 cheaper than buying it direct from Dell. Depending on what you're doing with it I might suggest upgrading the memory to 16GB, but you should be able to do that after. Not enough detail provided on the...
  2. MrX

Coral Reef Restoration French Polynesia

https://www.thecooldown.com/outdoors/coral-gardners-sustainable-coral-reef-restoration-french-polynesia/ Coral Gardeners Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coralgardeners/
  3. MrX

BiGGiePauls33 Dream Build | Assembling the System

Not happening man. I live vicariously through you and my other salty friends. Cheaper that way!
  4. MrX

BiGGiePauls33 Dream Build | Assembling the System

You could always do what I did on my last tank. Buy extra unions and make a section for the manifold. Until you decide you need it, it's just a straight pipe. When you need the manifold build it the same length and just swap out the straight pipe. I bought extra unions at the same time to...
  5. MrX

FS 150g Complete setup *NO PARTING OUT* $1000

Dang! I just drove by your place yesterday and was joking with SonX - "Wanna stop by and visit my fish friend?" Question now is, who will be back first? You or me. My $$ is on you. Buyers -> Mike is a great guy to deal with. GLWS!
  6. MrX

Visted World Wide Corals (WWC) in Orlando

lol. Not quite. Looking at the current prices of things keeps me content to just be a voyeur.
  7. MrX

Visted World Wide Corals (WWC) in Orlando

Had to go down to Deltona, FL because my father was having open heart surgery. Once everything settled down about 6-7 post-surgery, I needed a break. Decided to take a drive down to Orlando and check out World Wide Coral's main headquarters. I was hoping to get a tour of the facility, but they...
  8. MrX

Porch Pirates - Missing Package

Just yesterday I watched the USPS driver through my window as she put a package on my front porch. When I went out to get it, curious what it was because we weren't expecting anything, I checked the label. Wasn't ours ... it should have been delivered across the street. So much for the driver...
  9. MrX

Paul B's thread

Love your steampunk lamps. Reminds me of Vollis Simpson's whirly-gigs in NC. When we lived in Cary, NC I got the book "Weird North Carolina" (for my birthday or something) and there was an entry about him. On one of our road-trips we went there and checked them out (this was before they got move...
  10. MrX

Goby/shrimp question.

Might work, but all depends on the fish. In the past I've had luck with Yellow Watchman Goby and shrimp pairing. The diamond we had showed no interest.
  11. MrX

Myrtle Beach - Ripley's Aquarium

Seems like yesterday they were both little and building tanks during the "Tank Wars" competition.
  12. MrX

Myrtle Beach - Ripley's Aquarium

Was in Myrtle Beach last week for vacation. Ended up taking FamilyX and DaughterX's boyfriend to the aquarium. I think the last time we went DaughterX was about 2 years old; she's 18 now. (Dang!) One tank had live coral, pretty sure the rest were all fake. The tunnel through the main tank is...
  13. MrX

MetalFish Y2 PC with a Fishtank

I've seen those. Looks cool, but once you dump all those components in there, I'd think it would be difficult to reuse them in another build, etc.
  14. MrX

MetalFish Y2 PC with a Fishtank

Who's going to be the first to build a mini-reef with this? https://www.neowin.net/news/the-metalfish-y2-is-a-case-that-combines-your-pc-and-a-fish-tank/ Google Translated Page -- https://www-metalfish-cn.translate.goog/productinfo/988055.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp
  15. MrX

Bulk Reef Coupon -- First come, first serve

Just got this in the mail. Appears to be worth $10 when I tested it out in my cart. Free to whoever wants to redeem it:
  16. MrX

Swampy 125 gen3

Can't believe it's taken me this long to find/see this post. I'm a slacker. lol. Tank looks awesome! Post some new photos when you get a chance.
  17. MrX

Another unknown

Probably some kind of algae that was on the frag plug. Have you tried pulling out the frag and scraping it off?
  18. MrX

Octopuses torture and eat themselves after mating. Science finally knows why.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/octopuses-torture-and-eat-themselves-after-mating-science-finally-knows-why/ar-AAXpNsc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=83e5f0f02948464eaca79fa2bbd54bea
  19. MrX

This Weekends Nor' Easter

20. MrX

Removing bta from rock

Small tube (pvc or something), slightly larger than the nem base, with notches cut in the top. Place the tube over the nem (poke it/make it mad so it shrinks up), use elastics/etc. on the notches at the top of the tube to hold it against the rocks. Nem will get mad(der), look for light, and if...
Back