Search results

1. C

Simplicity 240dc skimmer oversized?

So when I upgraded my tank it came with this skimmer. It works great for a few days, then gets wonky (bubbles don't form as nice) and then goes great again. Its on a reefer 350. From everything I have been reading it's possibly because it is to big.... Any tips to see if that's the case? I've...
  2. C

WTB Pink streaked wrasse and tiny to small fox face

Let me know if you have seen either at a shop for sale or if your looking to re home Thanks
  3. C

Pintail wrasse

I have a pintail wrasse that I've had for a few months. Before I was done quarantining him I down graded tanks to a nuvo 40. He's been in the tank for a few months. He eats anything and everything, is healthy and seems happy but is the nuvo 40 big enough for him?
  4. C

Fighting algea

I down sized to a nuvo a few months ago and took the rock, live stock and about 20 gallons of water. Filled the rest with new water. Also added new sand. I just realized as I'm typing this I was running biopellets on the old system. I started with a little patch of gha. I started to remove it by...
  5. C

Good or bad starfish

Just appeared in my tank it's bigger then any other one I've seen. Is it ok or should I pull it?
  6. C

Reefkeeper issue

Hey everyone I moved my reefkeeper and had it unplugged for a week now the Amber status light keeps blinking..... I can't find my sid to update it is there anyway to update or fix the issue without the sid? Thanks
  7. C

Wrought iron stand

I'm getting ready to setup my tank again and just trying to get everything in order. The tank is a 80 gallon shallow tank. It has a wrought iron stand what can I put under the legs so it doesn't dig into the hard wood? Thanks
  8. C

bta near zoas

i have two btas that where on opposite ends of the same good sized rock, one moved tot he other but is invadeing on some zoas. and on the same day that he moved over there my two clowns have both showed intrest and started to host them, after weeks of not even going near them. now should i try...
  9. C

bubble algae

I had a non reef safe hermit in my tank for like six months he never touched any corals but did a good job eating diff algaes. he decided to start taking out snails and then munching on one of my mushrooms and so i pulled him out. not i just spoted 3 bubbles of bubble algae. all my readings are...
  10. C

salts and adiitives

what brands are best to use ? im currently useing instant ocean and a kent 2 part mix and i think sechem iododine. Im going to be need to buy salt and new additives and a test kit soon just looking for recomindations. everythings going good so far just didnt know if one work better then the...
  11. C

Reef Deal pygmy angel $8 feather dusters $4 and much more

aquacon.com has a bunk of deals under the specials page if any ones intrested in the next few days my gf will be ordering if any one wants to split shipping
  12. C

has any one orderd from aquacon.com

my girl friend is going to be ordering from aquacon.com they have some good fish specials like pygmy angels for 8 bucks. if any one has any fedback or would like to order with us let me know i can get them shiped to my work since im there all day and its my parents company. so you can...
  13. C

water flow and coral placemnet

every where i look opnline about coral care they say low, med or high light, low med or high water flow. can some one explain to me whats low, med and high water current. i have a 55 gal tank that i just set up and is almost completly cycled. i have a protien skimmer that is pushing 300 gph a...
  14. C

what pump should i use on my bak pak 2

i just got a bak pak skimmer and the pump is really loud and not produceing alot of bubbles what pump should i replace it with? should i leave the bio bale in? or just leave it empty? its going to be on a 55 gal tank how much flow should i have in the tank as far as power heads or...
Back