Search results

1. J

Broken Top Brace on 180g

Thanks everyone. I will see if I can find a replacement online. I have a feeling if I do, that will be a large undertaking…. Maybe at this point it is an opportune time to upgrade. Hahaha. Or more like breakdown and revisit when life gets a bit less crazy…
  2. J

Broken Top Brace on 180g

So I was checking on my tank tonight and noticed one of the top 2 braces is broken. I broke where the brace meets the rim. Any thoughts about my next steps? I am leaving for work in the next couple of hours, so for now I used a clamp to help support where the brace was until I am back home to...
  3. J

Free Trade - BTA for Chaeto

Hi - Would anyone like to trade a couple of BTA for some Chaeto near the Providence area? My BTA's keep splitting and I need a refresh of my chaeto that died off. Thanks, Joe
  4. J

WTB 55 Gallon Tank

Hi - My son is taking care of the class turtle for the summer. He is coming in a 20 gallon transport tank but figured it would be nice to have a larger temporary home for him. Anyone have a 55gallon tank they are getting rid of. Doesn’t need to hold water. I am in the Providence area...
  5. J

Calcium Reactor Recommendation

sorry, I was not too clear in my original post. My goal is for SPS dominant tank long term. Just happens to be that after 2.5 yrs of Triton and stray voltage from a bad powerhead, all SPS died off after a 6 month period. I was getting really nice growth during the time I would note. I ran a...
  6. J

Calcium Reactor Recommendation

Hi Everyone - Wondering for those of you who are running calcium reactors, can you give a recommendation to what you are running? I have done some research and I would like to convert from the full Triton method. Currently running a 180 with 40 gallon sump. A few torches left and no SPS...
  7. J

CBB advice

Live white worms and whole clams on the half shell. Be careful with those tangs. They can beat on him.
  8. J

Mike's 270-gallon custom build

Very nice craftsmanship.
  9. J

JeanR

Agreed. Great person!
  10. J

FS Tank break down - Moving to Hawaii

And I thought I was crazy to start a hydroponic lettuce farm. You have upped the ante. Good for you. Best of luck.
  11. J

Cost of 10lb Cylinder and Co2?

go to a local hydroponic store. I run through 20lbs weekly for my greenhouse. Refill is about $18. I own the tank.
  12. J

Snorkeling Key West

very cool. thanks for sharing
  13. J

FS Tank break down

Hi - I will purchase the dual BRS reactor when you are ready. Thanks, Joe
  14. J

FS BRS Carbon/GFO Reactor $100

Hi - would you be willing to ship if I cover cost?
  15. J

Tank Problems

Interesting thought. My outlet is a dedicated GFCI and never tripped... it must have been fairly low voltage as I had my hand in the tank fairly often. Today, my fish were swimming more than I have ever seen. Very aggressively eating whereas before they were fairly timid.
  16. J

Tank Problems

Hi - It has been a long time since I have logged in, my apologies. While I have been focused on starting a new hydroponics farm my tank was a bit neglected. Since this past summer, I noticed that a few of my colonies began to slowly die off. Recall, I am the guy who was attempting full on...
  17. J

Aptasia Control/Eradication Options?

I used a multi pronged approach. Majano wand, f-aptasia and Kalkwasser paste. Took about 10 months to a year, but worked.
  18. J

Apex question

I have to regularly (every couple of weeks) recalibrate my Apex temp probe with a thermopen, regardless of power outage.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back