Search results

1. J

Broken Top Brace on 180g

So I was checking on my tank tonight and noticed one of the top 2 braces is broken. I broke where the brace meets the rim. Any thoughts about my next steps? I am leaving for work in the next couple of hours, so for now I used a clamp to help support where the brace was until I am back home to...
  2. J

Free Trade - BTA for Chaeto

Hi - Would anyone like to trade a couple of BTA for some Chaeto near the Providence area? My BTA's keep splitting and I need a refresh of my chaeto that died off. Thanks, Joe
  3. J

WTB 55 Gallon Tank

Hi - My son is taking care of the class turtle for the summer. He is coming in a 20 gallon transport tank but figured it would be nice to have a larger temporary home for him. Anyone have a 55gallon tank they are getting rid of. Doesn’t need to hold water. I am in the Providence area...
  4. J

Calcium Reactor Recommendation

Hi Everyone - Wondering for those of you who are running calcium reactors, can you give a recommendation to what you are running? I have done some research and I would like to convert from the full Triton method. Currently running a 180 with 40 gallon sump. A few torches left and no SPS...
  5. J

Tank Problems

Hi - It has been a long time since I have logged in, my apologies. While I have been focused on starting a new hydroponics farm my tank was a bit neglected. Since this past summer, I noticed that a few of my colonies began to slowly die off. Recall, I am the guy who was attempting full on...
  6. J

Advice Needed

Hi - Looking for some expert input. I am losing 2 colonies over the past month or so. Not sure if the green algae is the cause or if the green algae is starting to grow on the coral because it is dying. See picture. This is only happening to 2 colonies, the rest are ok and growing...
  7. J

CO2 Degasser

Hi, Looking for some design advice. I am attempting to build a CO2 degassing chamber for my RODI. My well water has high levels of CO2 and as a result my DI cartridges were used up in under 100 gallons. I plan on using a brine tank from a water softener as my degassing chamber. My question...
  8. J

Zoa in Wild

Anyone have any zoa pictures from a dive? Curious to see what they look like in person on a reef. I know I can google it, but would like to see if anyone has dive shots of their own??? Or any cool dive shots if you have them. Covid is making me want to plan my next dive trip.
  9. J

ID please

Is this cyanobacteria? Thanks
  10. J

RODI

I recently purchased a new Spectrapure 5 stage RODI. At first it was making 0 TDS water, but after about 100g I noticed TDS was at 5. It is reading 5 now at both the input to the DI and the output. I spoke to the company today and they want me to test my water for CO2. Has anyone ever heard...
  11. J

Tank Temperature

Does anyone periodically check the temperature to ensure their Apex is accurate? I have not typically in the past, but last night noticed that the water felt cold. My Apex was reading 80.1 (I run my tank between 77-78) and thought it was odd. I checked with a digital cooking thermometer and...
  12. J

Strange Happenings

Has anyone seen this before? I had my MP40s off last night as I was adding some Berghia to the tank. This morning when the lights came on, webs were everywhere....
  13. J

Apex DDR

Having another problem with my Apex DDR’s. Anyone else have issues with them? They replaced a sensor last year for me after only 11months in use. Now both DDR’s stopped appearing on fusion. I spoke to Neptune today and they want me to send both back for repairs. They gave me a range of $25 to...
  14. J

Gone Free Sump

Free 70gal sump. I bought this from a reefer about 3-4 years ago with the intention of setting up a basement sump. Never used it but it does hold water. Wouldn’t say no to a frag. Pick-up in Rehoboth. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. J

Monti Question

Would this new white section be of concern to anyone? All levels have been stable and actually a lot of my acros and other SPS have started to flourish... I checked with a flashlight underneath but don’t see any nudis... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. J

Majano Wand

Anyone have one for sale or to borrow? I have a pretty bad outbreak. Have used Aptasia X, file fish, 5 peppermint shrimp and Berghia Nudibranchs. The Berghia I have put in a small separate “experimental” tank along with a piece of my loose LR one at a time. They devour the aptasia. Problem is is...
  17. J

Maine Beach Jellyfish?

Saw this on a Southern Maine Beach today. Anyone know what kind of a jellyfish this is??? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. J

Mangroves

Anyone grow these in their sump or tank? Contemplating giving them a shot to add to the reef... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. J

Kessil A360w

I have a 9 year old Kessil A360W e-series that stopped working on me the other day. Trying to figure out if it is the power supply or the fixture itself. Anyone in the Providence area also use one that would be willing to let me try my light in their power supply? Thanks, Joe Sent from my...
  20. J

Anthias Question

Hi - Was looking to add 5 or 6 Lyretail Anthias (1 made and the rest female) to my tank. I already have 1 Bartlett Anthias who I believe is a male. Anyone have any experience with keeping multiple Anthias breeds together. Tank is a 180. Thanks, Joe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back