Search results

1. Privateer

Gone Clarkii Clownfish $30

Breaking down my tank and have a single Clarkii Clownfish left. I've had it for about 8 years healthy. $30 OBO
  2. Privateer

Gone 55gal full setup - Merrimac, MA

Bump Make an offer would like to get rid of this.
  3. Privateer

Gone 55gal full setup - Merrimac, MA

Getting out of the hobby, just don't have time for it anymore. Selling complete setup been up for about 8 years. Hoping it all goes in 1 transaction. Not much livestock: 1 clarkii clownfish, a rock covered in basic green palys, a frag of rastas, and a lobo on it's way out. -55 gal tank with...
  4. Privateer

Where do our members live?

Merrimac, MA
  5. Privateer

Looking for a powerhead

the picture of the box for the pump linked above says 400gph.
  6. Privateer

fixing black box LED

The sicker says Excelvan model ZX-55*3W-KTG-Y I suppose it could be one of the LEDs or one of the numerous solder points, I didn't open the array panel.
  7. Privateer

fixing black box LED

So I "upgraded" to LED about 6 months ago with a pair of black box China things. For some reason now the white channel on one of them doesn't want to come on. Are the drivers really that terrible? I opened it up and they have an interesting design with the driver having both a high voltage...
  8. Privateer

Clean up crew Group buy ?

Payment sent. see you at the auction! Thank you for organizing this.
  9. Privateer

Clean up crew Group buy ?

Hi, if the plan is to have them at the auction then I'm very interested. 20 ceriths 20 golden astraea 10 nerites 3 emeralds Ideally I would like to find a source of trochus snails but this place doesn't seem to carry them.
  10. Privateer

List of local coral & fish (old thread)

Oceans in Glass is closed and I think the location for Unique Aquaria changed.
  11. Privateer

Invert and Clean up Crew Sale!

I'm looking for some trochus and astrea
  12. Privateer

Tank just cracked!!!

Thanks for the quick feedback, looks like my wife's idea to put a giant rubbermaid tote in the basement under the tank paid off so there is very little water on the floor or anywhere else. Thanks for the heads up on the sale Dong. I'm picking up a setup from a member so I should be all set...
  13. Privateer

Tank just cracked!!!

Well I just had an interesting afternoon. I'm sitting there in my office when all of a sudden my wife starts yelling that the tank cracked and is leaking all over the place. Luckily we had a 44G brute barrel sitting in our basement that I was going to use for mixing salt. I was able to grab all...
  14. Privateer

Fish Goo for February's meeting

I can do Scalops
  15. Privateer

December 6th(Saturday)-2015 Elections/Bake Off/Holiday Get Together Framingham Elks

I really wish I could make it today but I'm stuck at work :mad:
  16. Privateer

Flatworm exit

I have had to do multiple treatments as they kept coming back. My procedure is similar to what has been described above. I have used up to 4X concentration with no ill effect. I have found that doing a treatment (and all that follows) and then waiting a week for another treatment works pretty...
  17. Privateer

90/120 degree optic lens

It will also depend on how high off the water the light will be. I use a combination of 90 and 120 for my DIY light but it is about 2 inches form the surface. If you plan on hanging it, do as nixapatfan said and evaluate the light spread using cardboard cutouts. From what I can of the design, it...
  18. Privateer

Reef Software for Manual Testing????

I use an app called AquaPlanner pro, I know a few other people use it too. It's pretty straight forward and lets you keep track of livestock, equipment, scheduling and the like.
  19. Privateer

H2O2 Dip

I have used a peroxide dip on a Zoa frag that had a wisp of bryopsis on it. I did 50/50 peroxide/tank water (regular store bought 3% peroxide), dipped the frag for about 30 seconds and back in the tank, it took about 4 treatments before it stopped coming back. My understanding is that peroxide...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back