Search results

1. reefkeeper2

Two years old! Vid of my reef as it looks now.

2. reefkeeper2

Feast your eyes

Can you imagine living near a LFS like this? I wonder how quickly I would go bankrupt!
  3. reefkeeper2

FS AI Blade GLOW 48"

I have a AI Blade glow 48" I'm looking to sell. It has one year of use on it. $300 pick up in Bridgewater.
  4. reefkeeper2

Sold Frag tank and stand. SOLD

I have a frag tank, 48x24x10, 50 gal and a stand sitting unused in my basement. Used for a single day for a frag swap. $100 for the whole thing. Pickup in Bridgewater
  5. reefkeeper2

FS Quanta Pro Meso Blue light strips for sale

I have two Quanta Pro Meso Blue lights strips for sale. One is 48" and the other is 36". They have about six months of use on them. $100 for the 36", $120 for the 48" or $200 for both. Pickup in Bridgewater.
  6. reefkeeper2

FS 50/50 VHO Reefbrite Strips for sale

I have 2 sets of 50/50 VHO ReefBrite Strips. Two 36" and two 48". They have a little more than a years use on them. $130 apiece for the 36" and $150.00 for the the 48". Pickup in Bridgewater.
  7. reefkeeper2

Algae Apocalypse

It's amazing in this hobby how things can go so wrong so fast even when you've been doing this for decades. All has been going well with my tank that is now 9 months old until just a few weeks ago. My corals were all pale because my nutrients were so low. Nitrate and phosphate not detectable...
  8. reefkeeper2

How do you measure your alk?

I've been having issues with my Trident matching my Hanna Checker for alkalinity. The Hanna Checker is always 1 point higher than the Trident. Right now the Trident says my alk is 7.3 but the Hanna Checker says 8.3. If I test Neptune's calibration fluid with my Hanna Checker I get 1 point...
  9. reefkeeper2

Four months full tank shot

So this tank was started in March and now it's July. Still have a few algae issues but otherwise things are going well. I may try an experiment with some of the Quanta Pro light bars to see if I like them better than the ReefBrites . My present lighting reminds me of the old days when I had...
  10. reefkeeper2

Free 75 gal tank

Free 75 gallon tank. Very dirty but otherwise fine. It's tempered glass so you can't drill it. Pick up in Bridgewater.
  11. reefkeeper2

Stumped and at my wits end

A week ago I noticed my gigantea anemone wasn't looking as good as usual. My elegance coral likewise was closed up. I have blue, green and yellow Tonga mushrooms that had gaping mouths. All of my other corals looked fine if not excellent. All the sps have great polyp extension and color...
  12. reefkeeper2

Made a small change and got big results.

I've been reefing for over 30 years and I'm still learning stuff. I've been using kalkwasser forever, and always had a kalkmixer that stirred the kalk on and off throughout the day. All my top off passes thru it. Funny thing is whenever I cleaned it out I noticed a large pH jump in the tank...
  13. reefkeeper2

Why the alk roller coaster in my new system?

After placing all my critters into their new home from their holding tanks in the basement, the alk levels in the new system started to quickly fall. I couldn't figure out why because it's just the same number of coral in a larger water volume. I'm not presently using my calcium reactor...
  14. reefkeeper2

Sold Radion G4 Pros

I have 8 Radion G4 Pros with diffusers for sale. They've been in a box for the past year and a half. They have about 2 years of use on them run on AB+. All work fine on Mobius. Asking $400 each. Pickup in Bridgewater.
  15. reefkeeper2

How important is pH? What I've learned after 25 years of reefing.

So since I'm sitting around waiting for my new tank to arrive (delayed because of covid glass shortage) I've been spending time watching videos from the many online reefers. As you know there are loads of them on YouTube, and you get to see how people from all over the world run their reef...
  16. reefkeeper2

Paul's new build.

I guess it's time to get started on this. I'll begin with the basic info on the new tank, the timeline and then talk about what I've done so far. The new tank is being manufactured by Reef Savy. It's dimensions are 96x36x28 . I believe that's about 420 gallons. Low iron glass on three sides with...
  17. reefkeeper2

Time to start again...from scratch.

After a lot of thought I've decided that for me to continue with the hobby I have to make some needed changes. That means a new system and a new tank. The best way to explain is probably to just list the reasons. 1. I can't clean and de-scratch acrylic anymore. Too much work. I prefer the...
  18. reefkeeper2

I'm back

I've been gone for a while. Back in August I got laid up with a degenerated disc in my neck and it put me out of commission for 4 months. My tank suffered and I couldn't do very much other than scrape algae off the acrylic and even that was painful. Take that along with Underwater World closing...
  19. reefkeeper2

new video

So I broke down and bought a new phone yesterday at Best Buy during their black Friday sale. It's a Samsung Galaxy S9 Note. My old phone was a S5, so you can see I needed an upgrade. Anyway, I made a vid of my tank and I was impressed by the camera on this thing. A big improvement. <iframe...
  20. reefkeeper2

Yikes! It pays to be prepared.

Today I noticed my return pump was slowing down. Not a lot , just the RPMs on the indicator showed a slight decrease. It's odd so I figured I would give it a cleaning just in case. I cleaned it good, reinstalled it in the sump, plugged it in and... nothing. The controller just blinked at me. No...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back