Search results

1. CAPSLOCK

Gone 45g tank & stand

Free 45g tall tank & stand, black. Tank is 36" x 12" x 24"high. No leaks, not drilled. last used about a year or 2 ago. Stand is not perfect but is perfectly functional. Basic light/hood (T8 I think). Pickup in Uxbridge MA, preference to paid members. (Inside stand)
  2. CAPSLOCK

Free 37g tall tank

Free 37g tall tank, preference to paid members. Oak trim, held water last I checked but it has been quite a while, stored in clean basement since. Tank only, no stand, no light, not drilled. Brace on top trim is broken. Tank is 30" x 12" x 24"high - basically a taller 29g. Pickup Uxbridge MA.
  3. CAPSLOCK

Free Undulate Trigger on Craigslist

Free undulate trigger posted on Cape Cod Craigslist. 4". Aggressive (shocker!).
  4. CAPSLOCK

Free Aquatop filter w/ UV at meeting

Free Aquatop PF40-UV - power filter with UV sterilizer "for up to 40g." See photo. Came to me second hand. Seems to be new in box. I peeked in the box, it is squeaky clean and looks like all the dohickeys are there. Presumably it works. New owner gets to find out. ;) Pick up at the meeting...
  5. CAPSLOCK

Gone 4' AquaticLife T5

FREE AquaticLife 4 bulb T5 fixture 48". The built in timer no longer works, meaning the entire thing will not turn on - however, technically the bulbs, fan, fixture, blue LEDs, and all were working fine until the timer rendered the fixture useless (for me). Bulbs are old. Can bring to the...
  6. CAPSLOCK

Jebao RW-15 rubber gasket

Anyone with a dead RW-15 happen to have the little black gasket that secures the pump to the bracket? ('Tis where the pump connects to the bracket arms that hold it to the magnet back. It's about a cm wide and has a flat part then a little raised center area around the hole - holds the pump...
  7. CAPSLOCK

Free stuff? Don't forget the auction!

Before offering items for free, consider donating them to the auction. In many cases someone may even be able to pick up your donation if you can't make it in person. With the auction only a few weeks away, remember this is BRS' biggest fundraiser of the year and every item helps! Hope to...
  8. CAPSLOCK

Replacing rock to eliminate pests - timing question

Aiptasia has slowly spread onto all of my rock, & and it also has a lot of little bubble algae bubbles happily growing in the nooks and crannies. My manual removal has failed, so I am pulling all the rock out and bleaching / acid dipping it to eliminate those pests. I pulled out some several...
  9. CAPSLOCK

Anyone going to be on Cape Cod with a large vehicle before the auction?

I have a 40B stand to donate to the auction, but I can't fit the sucker in my Civic. Is anyone who is going to the auction planning to be on the Cape before then with a large enough vehicle to fit it? It is a solid wood stand and does not come apart at all.
  10. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK's 75g

Well, here is my new (used) tank: My 40B had a slow leak at a seam (salt creep along the seam), so I took the opportunity to upgrade to a 75g. The back is spray painted with plasti-dip - I used blue for one layer and black for another, which yields a nice darker blue color. I'm really...
  11. CAPSLOCK

Tough little snail...

So, I'm switching my 40B over to a 75g. Saved some sand, but the rest I put in a 5g bucket last night. Sand was sitting in some skanky brown water from mixing around all of my sandbed while removing it. Today I brought it out and rinsed the bejeezus out of it with the garden hose - cold tap...
  12. CAPSLOCK

Steam cleaning reef equipment?

I have a new steam cleaner. Is it okay to clean equipment like powerheads, pumps, etc., with that? How about a protein skimmer?
  13. CAPSLOCK

Fish trap?

Is there a BRS Club fish trap that gets passed around? Or, does anyone have a fish trap that I might be able to borrow?
  14. CAPSLOCK

Do adult clownfish change color?

Do adult clownfish normally change color as they age? Or is it a function of lighting? I have noticed my clown has darkened over the years. Almost her entire top half is black now. Not any fancy coloration, just supposed to be a normal percula (or oscellaris?). Got her early 2006, moved...
  15. CAPSLOCK

Adding a new clown - lights on or off?

I am finishing QTing a tiny clownfish to hopefully be a little boyfriend to my female ocellaris clown (Lucy - has been a single since I got her in 2005). The new guy is about 1/2". Normally, I'd add new fish with the lights out. Where there's a larger potentially unfriendly clown, would I...
  16. CAPSLOCK

Bags

Question: Where could one find bags appropriate for bagging frags / fish?
  17. CAPSLOCK

Reef octopus skimmer issue

I have the Reef Octopus nwb 110. I seem to be having an issue with the pump. It is the standard pump that comes with the skimmer. It seems to work properly until I attach the little intake adapter which connects the air tube. As soon as I screw that adapter on the flow slows way way down. It...
  18. CAPSLOCK

Prazi Pro 3rd dose (in reef tank)?

Is it safe / advisable to do a third dose of Prazipro to fully eradicate problems? I've got a 40g w/ zoas and softies. I had noticed some intermittent flashing for a bit, no other symptoms. Then had a tailspot blenny that I've had for over a year suddenly stop eating and start...
  19. CAPSLOCK

Who can identify these oval growths? (pics included)

These sprouted from some rocks in the back of my tank some time ago. Recently the little portion of rock broke off the main piece, so I could finally snap a picture. The one almost looks like something grew out of it and left a casing? I have no idea what this sucker is, or even what family...
  20. CAPSLOCK

Flame angel in QT - medication question

I have a flame angel in a QT tank. Got it 16 days ago, and went straight into QT with no treatments. Had been eating well and active. About maybe 4-5 days ago he was starting to be a bit less active and hiding a bit more. Two days ago I saw that he was flashing some on the PVC, one eye looked...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back