16g nano tank

Thoughts on the new aquascape? My Staxx rock came in-

ill make the overhang come out a bit more, there will be another smaller structure to the right of it with smaller islands in the sand to specific types of coral. Let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

• 4CA8BC5E-5935-4028-AC0C-924FBC25B7C3.jpeg
    4CA8BC5E-5935-4028-AC0C-924FBC25B7C3.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 48C07A11-E448-4245-8EF4-DCF3A95EFFC0.jpeg
    48C07A11-E448-4245-8EF4-DCF3A95EFFC0.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 354
Hey everyone! Just purchased a torch, frogspawn, gold lepto, and green encrusting gorgonian. Thanks @andlim I really enjoy them! Just wanting to make sure, the torch is laying down on its side (the polyps), will they stand up over time or is it a problem with flow and I should move them to another area? It looks like there is a lot of flow in the area. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 338
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 338
Hey everyone! Just purchased a torch, frogspawn, gold lepto, and green encrusting gorgonian. Thanks @andlim I really enjoy them! Just wanting to make sure, the torch is laying down on its side (the polyps), will they stand up over time or is it a problem with flow and I should move them to another area? It looks like there is a lot of flow in the area. Thanks
Nice, always great to get some corals

Torch coral is looking better, am making a euphilias garden!

I am also planning on getting another nano fish. Any suggestions of what might be cool? I was thinking about a yellow watchman goby, don’t know how a pistol shrimp and the cleaner shrimp would do.

let me know what kinda fish you think I should get!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 346
I am also planning on getting another nano fish. Any suggestions of what might be cool? I was thinking about a yellow watchman goby, don’t know how a pistol shrimp and the cleaner shrimp would do.

I haven’t had any issues with fire shrimp or cleaner shrimp with pistol shrimps.

Blenny
Goby

Torch coral is looking better, am making a euphilias garden!

Maybe a blue line gobie or a cleaner gobie would be good

Any updates
haha not really, everything in the tank is doing good again. I'm thinking about getting a yellow clown goby, I have two very small pieces of coral in my tank to test how everything is doing. So far so good. Ordered an al prime, but not gonna get it till Christmas unfortunately, and I'd really like to get a water box 20g cube but I can't find any on sale, if anyone has any for sale or knows where I can get one for less than 200 (which seems like a great price to me but not to my parents) then please pm. Id also be interested in selling my bio cube and transferring everything to a water box so if anyone's interested in a 16g bio cube hit me up! ;):p

What is your light schedule on your Biocube? I have the same set up for 18 months but have been fighting algae issues for some time now. Had a diotome outbreak a while ago and just not happy with the tank quality. The corals are doing great but the sand is always growing algae. Do you have any sand sifters algae eaters? I have a yellow watchman goby, clown and cardinal with about 10 hermits so I don't think it is a bio load. More water changes may help but I don't think that is an issue (20% monthly change).

What is your light schedule on your Biocube? I have the same set up for 18 months but have been fighting algae issues for some time now. Had a diotome outbreak a while ago and just not happy with the tank quality. The corals are doing great but the sand is always growing algae. Do you have any sand sifters algae eaters? I have a yellow watchman goby, clown and cardinal with about 10 hermits so I don't think it is a bio load. More water changes may help but I don't think that is an issue (20% monthly change).
Right now my whites come on at 2:30pm, and go off completely at 9:45 pm. My ramp up is from 1:45 to 2:30 and ramp down starts at 9:45. Then my blues start at 1:15 and go till 10:00pm, where they turn off at around 10:45. I’ve had great coral growth in the past, but unfortunately a coral actually died for unknown reasons causing an ammonia spike which almost killed everything. (Could have also been from reaquascaping, probably). I moved my coral to the 72g and now just started putting in a Halloween lephestrea and bam bam zoas, everything’s doing great. I just got a yellow clown goby yesterday, and I also have a smaller clown and 6 line wrasse. Other than that nothing else besides a couple hermits and a snail, little to no algae in my tank! To be honest I don’t like the bio cube light, it’s great for growing softies and most lps but no sps, and so for Xmas I’m upgrading to the al prime hd. I also just run the main pump and a small return pump im using for a powerhead. In the future I’d like to upgrade to the waterbox cube 20g for the rimless look lol, but for the past 5 months my Biocube has been treating me great! Got any pics of your tank?

Also like you said I don’t think it’s a bio load either, has anything died recently? I battled diatoms for a little while but just kept siphoning everyday, I had a nassarius snail that probably helped but he died a little while ago. After turning down my lighting schedule, my diatoms dissaoeared, and now I keep it at around an 8-9 hour schedule.

Starting up a euphilia garden, and all other corals in the tank are doing well. Reaquascaped and now I have a Halloween lephestrea, orange acan, reddish grey Lobo, green hammer, neon green frogspawn, bam bam zoas. i also added a yellow clown goby.

has anyone ever had the problem where your fish doesn’t come out during the day? It still is scared of the other fish and I’m worried that it may starve as I only see it at night. It looks healthy enough when the light is off but I never see it eat. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 305
Back