180 in wall rebuild

cilyjr

Chris
So I'm doing it. I'm ditching all my old sand and bought tropic eden reef flakes on the advice of paul, and greg. And will be completely re aquascaping. I'll keep my live stock so I'll not be moving to a species tank as I was thinking.

Also I'll move the fishroom around. I'll be moving the sump. Building a manifold to run many pieces of equipment off 1 pump. I'm going to feed though the drain which will be ball valve controlled. Putting a sink in the room as it used. To be in the next room.

And cleaning everything. I already pulled about 1/2 of cap from the sump. I'll have to keep up on cleaning that in the future. It's now sitting on 2x6 rail for an easier time.

Here's what's been done so far. 1st was emptying the tank into a loaner 100g stock tank (thanks greg). Here's where my fish are living so far.

I've cleaned and reorganized the fish room. And am moving my electrical box. And will tackle plumbing in a day or so.

Before

Current

Moving the electrical box to the other wall. Before it was mounted across the room and I had to use more extension cords then I wanted. Here's where I'll put it but it will need a door and a splash guard for the frag tank.

How did you wire those 8 outlets and 2 switches? I think I see two main power wires coming in to feed the outlets and switch. Are the both wires 12-2 20 amp wire? how did you wire each of those outlet? Are they tied into a GFIC? Or is there one main GFCI controlling all 8 outlets? Also is that electrical box made of just wood and did you use outlet boxes for each outlet?

Last edited:
Great progress Chris! Im sure your wall of power is sound but may want to consider a steel box. Now is a good time to think about tying in the whole house gene if u go that route. Glad you're getting the renewed interest and good to see the stock tank serving its purpose and you'll be happy with the reef flakes. Wire duct (for my sake). Google this: Panduit G1.5X1.5LG6 Slotted Duct Pvc15X15X6Lgry

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The box is made of three 4 gang wall boxes which can be seen because I never bought cover plates. I'm going to put a door on it. The wood is for mounting purposes for the wall boxes. Greg, i thought about steel but am afraid of rust as even stainless will unless its uber high grade.The box is run off of 2 dedicated 20 gfci. It is split in 1/2 with the left side on one gfci and the right on another. Each circuit breaker is on opposite sides of my 200amp service panel.

Last edited:
omg you doing a major make over, if you need help let me know be happy to help

Like the manifold. What r u going to run off it besides the Ca Rx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Anthony I'll do that if the need arises.
Greg as of now ca reactor. But I have a gfo reactor I may add later and maybe kalk reactor. But 3 will be blank for now they are there for future expansion.

Most of the hard stuff is done as of now just gotta put the equipment back up then start the aquascaping. For that it will be live rock,, pvc, foam and west system epoxy. This will be the fun part.

Want to run something for cable management but I can't seem to get what I want for what I think is a reasonable price. Soooo I'm thinking of taking a piece of 1.5 pvc and cutting a groove down it with my table saw and using that. Any thoughts?

the pvc should work, what are you going to use to hold the cables in the pvc, tyraps?

things are coming along...making tons of water now. started the building part of the aquascaping . i had to make a cover for my overflow to sprayfoam and i messed with heating then bending pvc it should work fine

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back