180 in wall rebuild

I'm pretty happy so far though I'm over budget. I only got 3 bags of the tropic eden sand. This I should get a 4th?

I got 2 more actually 3 3.0mm reef flakes and 2 2.7 mm me so flakes all tropic eden sand the rest will be here tuesday

Are u gonna keep the rock wall overflow cover? If you need any help hit me up I'm always around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am justin. And I'm gonna build some arches with pvc and foam. I've experimented on bending pic with a heat gun. And I will build an armature structure to support the rock.

i leak tested the plumbing today. filled the sump with water and ran a hose from the return directly to the overflow and let it run for a bit.success! also started the foam "rock" covering for my overflow. The last one i did was ok but i've learned some since. the biggest thing is to make sure to use an epoxy resin to cover it when done. you done have too. but what happens is the air that is in the foam will slowly over months seep out creating small air bubbles on the surface of it and coraline algae doesn't like to grow on the foam.

heres the start of it. the pipe in the foreground is bent pvc that will be an arch later

heres what i'm using

foam overflow cover is built and i made an arch too. they are soaking in some fresh water to let any chemicals leach out for 24 hrs. in the mean time i built a little hose bracket and probe holder. here's the hose bracket it clips over the edge of the sump to allow any reactor hoses to not just dangle

Put the overflow cover in. Damn it's heavy. I think I'm happy with it as compared to the old one. Also this one is coated in epoxy resin so it should coraline up better then the one that was just foam. I'll rinse and add sand and the rest of the rock tomorrow or tuesday.

Does anyone close by want to donate a cup of sand to help seed the new sand bed?

Thanks for looking. I spent a few hrs rinsing sand. Atlas it feels that way. I made a bucket with screen for a bottom to make it easier. I think it's my single greatest invention. I believe I'll fill up tomorrow.

well I'm up and running again. Everything is much better... I was able to remove 3 mj 1200, and a mag 5 and now all equipment is running off a dc return pump that can turn about 3100 gph for right around 100 watts. I hope that will save some electricity. also i can crank the powerheads with the Tropic Eden reefflake sand and no sand storm!. this makes me very happy as well. finally the other huge helper was getting the utility sink in the same room as the fishroom instead of 15 feet away in another room. nothing is where it will end up in the display coral wise. that I'll do later when I'm not exhausted. i started the transfer back at 830 this morning and was done at 430.

Here's the manifold working nicely. 1 spot left for a Kalk stirrer if I decide to add one. As of now it's running the ca reactor, a chamber for GFO or carbon should I want (I usually dont), and UV sterilizer

Thanks I still have more cable to hide. Not sure if I'll make another pvc channel for them or buy the panduit

Everything is going quite well. I'm having the usual diatom bloom but that's expected. Lvls are good with no phos,or No3, alk at 8.4 and cal brought to 410 from 340. With the calcium reactor having a more steady drip then before I'll hope all is gonna maintain easier.

Those rw20 pumps move a lot of water and I have a standing wave . I'll make a few profiles with the apex later and it will have a more random flow pattern.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back