2.5 Gallon Pico

MofoCorals

Previously - elmafioso52988
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Got a little free tank from a betta that passed, and could say no lol... I set it up 6 month ago with some dry rock and a few test frags. Just did my first water change yesterday and thought I’d share. It’ll be all softies, very low maintenance.
10238A77-81AF-4941-9AF5-F11FEE621F41.jpeg

05BB6F1E-08F6-4229-BC49-4F7D01350748.jpeg
DCCD1617-A651-4E15-A303-6F116D08E49A.jpeg
515C3856-0089-46B6-A5E4-BC70E03C32F0.jpeg
DCEC4701-E207-4476-BDC1-A60DFF646DC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the likes. It’s the little things in life that keeps us from pulling our hair out(eyebrows in my case lol)...

Tank plan:
By-monthly water changes. No testing, I’m going to play it by eye. If something looks off I’ll do a water change. There are no inhabitants other than hitchhikers that came on the rock, a few feather dusters, limpets, tiny starfish, pods...

The tank has the heater in the back, and a pump it came with, plus original empty carbon/White pellets, and a $15 heater. No thermometer or anything at the moment, but will be adding a thermometer. Some kind of shrimp will inhabit the tank eventually. Haven’t planned anything. Ideas would be appreciated.
Lighting is Spectra: Led(think it was reefbreeders)
Salt: Instant Ocean. Water changes around a gallon. So far once in 6 months.
Feed 1-2 pellets of fish food crushed a week.
Rock: Marco Rock which I turned live with a little piece of seed rock from one of my tanks and the frags that went into it.
19B991D2-F285-48EE-95D9-6FD46C84AF27.jpeg

Nice! I had a ~ 1 gal pico that was also a lamp for a couple years, was great fun. I like how your pico tank has a femto toadstool developing

Thanks for the likes. It’s the little things in life that keeps us from pulling our hair out(eyebrows in my case lol)...

Tank plan:
By-monthly water changes. No testing, I’m going to play it by eye. If something looks off I’ll do a water change. There are no inhabitants other than hitchhikers that came on the rock, a few feather dusters, limpets, tiny starfish, pods...

The tank has the heater in the back, and a pump it came with, plus original empty carbon/White pellets, and a $15 heater. No thermometer or anything at the moment, but will be adding a thermometer. Some kind of shrimp will inhabit the tank eventually. Haven’t planned anything. Ideas would be appreciated.
Lighting is Spectra: Led(think it was reefbreeders)
Salt: Instant Ocean. Water changes around a gallon. So far once in 6 months.
Feed 1-2 pellets of fish food crushed a week.
Rock: Marco Rock which I turned live with a little piece of seed rock from one of my tanks and the frags that went into it. View attachment 145699
That toadstool is awesome. Is that a weeping willow?

16301684-4977-4460-A56F-CFA55558617B.jpeg

I do, these are from Wednesday. Water change tomorrow. Corals seem happy. Donated it to my works front desk. I care for it but people get to enjoy it.

That is awesome,
i just set mine up in at the office too.
how often do you change water? and how much. Im not sure what to expect for the cycle

I didn’t have to do a eater change till around 6 months. It doesn’t have any fish in it. Just the corals. I feed crushed betta pellets once a week or two. I may add a shrimp. I haven’t measured any levels. Going by eye on this one.

I didn’t have to do a eater change till around 6 months. It doesn’t have any fish in it. Just the corals. I feed crushed betta pellets once a week or two. I may add a shrimp. I haven’t measured any levels. Going by eye on this one.
Great job Pablo looking great! You should totally ad a shrimp.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back