2015 BRS Annual Auction Saturday March 28th

Flame Angel

Past BRS Pres/2016MOD
Staff member
This is a business update for the membership.

For the past several years we have slowly been making enhancements to the auction to address some of the concerns of the membership.

You may have noticed one year we moved to waterproof labels to eliminate all the writing and running of the marker ink.

Last year you may have noticed there were more pictures available and linked to a database to track auction results. This eliminated having to go to the internet and search for a like picture of a coral, which is not always available in all our venue locations.

You would have also noticed that it took less time to pick your corals up from the pick up area. This was due to breaking down the lots into small groups and having your own personal coolers on hand... So do not forget to purchase your cooler off the auction thread now or bring your own to the meeting (purchase now and you get your screen name added for free).

You may have also noticed the introduction of the Square card reader for credit cards. This helped up the payment process and you did not have to carry all that extra cash around.

Last year we turned around more donation items in less time than the previous year.

This year we have escalated our efforts and need donors to help in that effort. It is important to provide a picture of the actual coral or the mother colony with a good description of what is being donated. Lets face it... nothing makes you more irate than to learn what you purchased was not what you thought it was.

Granted all the funds are going to the club, but we still want to have a AWESOME TIME!

Well take a minute to look over the .pdf file that is attached.

We are going to make the check out process even better and faster.

We are even going to post a Auction booklet containing all the items being auctioned off. You will be able to pull it down from the web using your smart phone.

I do not know about the rest of you, but I am getting all excited about this years auction...

So get those donations in TODAY! See you on auction day!

:)Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members-(family friendly environment):)
Kids activity table will be present at the event​

2015%20Auction.jpg

Hello BRS members, it's that time of year again! That's right, its auction time, and the time of year for us to pester you for donations.

I have sent/will send out some PM's directly to members that use our forum to sell their extra corals and livestock, and also to those members that have been generous enough to donate to the club in past auctions, but I figured I'd put out this general request here as well.

We have many exciting events planned for the club for this year as you can see from the calendar, but as with most things this requires having the funds available to make these activities possible. We are excited to be bringing new speakers in, a possible family day, junkyard wars, cook-outs and of course running the forums. This is where you guys come in, albeit from donations or spending your hard earned cash in a fun bidding war over some fabulous items for your tank!!
SO DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR COOLERS!

Auction Frag Bag.jpg

"Order your own personalized cooler now before the auction.
Get your screen name added for free with the "Boston Reefers" Clown Fish Logo on your cooler."

(offer ends 3/7/2015)

Livestock Donations:
It's time to dig deep into your frag collection and find the unusual stuff that will generate a lot of interest at auction. Corals, fish, or invertebrates will all be accepted, but please make sure what you donate is something that there will be a market for. Large and/or non-reef-safe fish and some types of invertebrates might not sell well.

Equipment Donations:
New or used reef equipment will be accepted. We do limit this to hobby related equipment since we are a reef club after all. If possible please try to clean up the equipment to make it presentable, and make sure you supply accurate information about the equipment (ie. needs new pump, runs fine, tank leaks but...).

We have an auction forum set up here that includes photographs and descriptions of each item that will be at auction. Do keep in mind that many donations are also received day of the auction so mark your calendars to be there. Saturday March 28th, 2015

Please send your donation info and photos (photos not required but VERY helpful!) to [email protected]
Please include in the email...

Your Full Name
Username
Item donated including the name of the item and how many heads/polyps
Photo of the item (again, not required, but HUGE bonus, you know we all love pictures!!)

Donations will be accepted day of auction, but please help us by donating before: Thursday March 26thas we would like to have some kind of auction program generated in advance.

Thanks to all in advance! This auction is one of the most important events for the club and is sure to be a great time as always. Also, if you are unable to attend the meeting but would still like to donate we will have some volunteers that will be able to pick up donations as well. If you need your donation picked-up please let us know when submitting your donation.

What are you still doing reading...time to start fragging!!

Last edited:
Thanks for volunteering to help with the auction again this year Joe and Dong.

BTH - Its a very fun time. You should try to make it if you can. Lots of goodies to be had for all the right prices. Several methods of payments accepted as well.

Bump, I will start my pestering for donations soon. In the mean time feel free and shoot me a pm if you have any donations.

Bumping this up to the top. Deadline to order your bag is...offer ends 3/7/2015

Back