Ann. 2018 Annual BRS Auction, June 24th, Framingham Elks 450 Union St

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members-(family friendly environment)
June 24th, 2018
Annual BRS Auction
Framingham Elks
450 Union St, Framingham MA
12pm-5PM

Hello Everyone! After our mishap with scheduling earlier this year I am glad to say that the BRS Auction is coming up soon! This auction is the number 1 largest fundraiser for the club to keep the website open, speakers coming in for meetings, meetings, contests, and our annual free food Election meeting. To make this a success we need a help from all of you,

1- Donations. Donations to the BRS auction help drive attendance and more donations. As donations roll in people decide to clear their day, bring their wallets (Or credit card) and bid bid bid! Look into your tank, see if you have a branching acro that has that one branch that looks like it can go. When was the last time you needed to use that heater, pump, doser that you have in your basement? You can donate Fish, Invertabrates, and of course, corals. Please send a picture in of your donations so we can show them off! See below for details

2- Volunteers. We need volunteers who are willing to help run the auction. We have @Bendint who is our auctioneer, I will be manning the computer and program to move things along, but we will need help in the cooler section to put winning items into the coolers, Vanna White's (those that display the current item being bid on), Help with check in and labeling of items, and anyone can come early to help set up and organize donations as they come in. So if you can make it in early and don't have much in your tank, please consider volunteering your time.

3- Stay engaged, spread the word and bring those coolers! We need people to come to the auction, bid on items to improve their tanks, get some sweet deals, and be involved with the club.

We have many exciting events planned for the club for this year as you can see from the calendar, but as with most things this requires having the funds available to make these activities possible. We are excited to be bringing new speakers in, junkyard wars, cook-outs and of course running the forums. This is where you guys come in, albeit from donations or spending your hard earned cash in a fun bidding war over some fabulous items for your tank!!
SO DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR COOLERS!

Livestock Donations:
It's time to dig deep into your frag collection and find the unusual stuff that will generate a lot of interest at auction. Corals, fish, or invertebrates will all be accepted, but please make sure what you donate is something that there will be a market for. Large and/or non-reef-safe fish and some types of invertebrates might not sell well.

Equipment Donations:
New or used reef equipment will be accepted. We do limit this to hobby related equipment since we are a reef club after all. If possible please try to clean up the equipment to make it presentable, and make sure you supply accurate information about the equipment (ie. needs new pump, runs fine, tank leaks but...).

We will have an auction forum set up here that includes photographs and descriptions of each item that will be at auction. Do keep in mind that many donations are also received day of the auction so mark your calendars to be there. Sunday June 24th , 2018

Please send your donation info and photos (photos not required but VERY helpful!) to [email protected]

Please include in the email...

Your Full Name
Username
Item donated including the name of the item and how many heads/polyps
Photo of the item (again, not required, but HUGE bonus, you know we all love pictures!!)
Please also indicate if you need your donations picked up.

Please arrive early if you plan on dropping off your donation the day off the auction.

Donations will be accepted day of auction, but please help us by donating before: Thursday June 21st as we would like to have some kind of auction program generated in advance.

Thanks to all in advance! This auction is one of the most important events for the club and is sure to be a great time as always. Also, if you are unable to attend the meeting but would still like to donate we will have some volunteers that will be able to pick up donations as well. If you need your donation picked-up please let us know when submitting your donation.

What are you still doing reading...time to start fragging!!

Last edited:
Me too. What time can we get in to start setting up this year?

I believe they let us in at 9-10 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will like to schedule a pickup for donation this year. I have many equipment and coral to donate.

Hey Dong,

I can pick up from you. Let me know I can pick up dry goods earlier if you need to make room and corals day of the auction.

Thank you!

That is great. I will have the dry good ready by the end of this week. Will this coming Saturday works for you? Thanks

I will make my way out Saturday then.

Here are pictures of my frags I will be donating.

Kedd’s reds 20+ frag and a 10+ frag
3d9cf04d7669e65023008a0874541616.jpg

4424f23d3f418d566cb41970b1f8e9f3.jpg

Hairy mushroom (2-3 on the plug)
0c0437a04f5bd556bf9ebac16fa39482.jpg

Mind trick Monti frag (1/4”)
4198591768a3741a3d5fcfa7d672ace2.jpg

Green speckled mushroom frag. 3 plugs ran with 2-5 mushrooms each.
96a56ccfb6d18bdee342d8514879c260.jpg
other two were upset I tried moving them when I took the pictures
6e7376bf67d5a58c45184b94e2e75c95.jpg

Cinnamon paly. Brown paly with green dot center.
64197f3bd881f8f5f6077c5d5797055d.jpg

The following frags are from the club.
Orange monti
7831243eb18351147e3a493c6c4a4e4a.jpg

Orange monti
6b94ef597687efa50eb77852c1893327.jpg

Red/purple colored monti
6cc64dbb8698d27bf26f3bf150265fc8.jpg

Gsp
47e41ddd0c3d10ebe7ba8a15a3929f73.jpg

Gsp
01003e5dd5b238e9482d7d777c9d6843.jpg

So I showed you mine! Show me yours! Or email them to [email protected] and get those donations in!

Unfortunately I’ll be away that weekend. But I’d like to donate some frags that someone from bod could pick up on Friday 22nd or prior.

Arsalan, we can work something out I am sure.

The weekend is here! Take a look in those tanks and see what you can frag up to support the club! Send in your eye candy the Auction is 2 weeks away!!!

Donations are rolling in. Don’t forget to email us at [email protected]. We will send back a confirmation email to any and all donations.

Here are the donations that came in over the last few days.

From Dong @dz6t Acrogarden
adccadce6c9e83f4bd2dc3b1128fa71e.jpg

From Paul in Mendon we got
7 gallon tank
2 sets of rodi sediment and carbon filters
29 tall tank
A 24” 4 bulb aquatic life t5 fixture

I am donating a domino damsel (established tanks where you won’t add any other fish as he is a jerk to new comers)
cf8a92b279185427c1c36e581495891c.jpg

Once I confirm other donations I will update the page.

So get those donations in, let’s make this another successful auction!

I have more dry good to donate. Coral too.

What do we have for livestock in the auction? I only have 3 in my 40 long currently and want to get something if there is something

So far a damsel and we just got an email about a blue jawfish. I will get pictures soon.

There are several zoas, leathers, and montis donates so far for corals. I will be updating with more pictures as the week goes on.

Oh wow... I just looked up the address and it is the Framingham ELKS club.

450 Union St. Framingham Ma

I would like to donate 2 very nice rainbow nems , please contact me for pick up as I do not have time to run these around

Thank you Reefstarter!

Here are pictures for anyone curious, they look gorgeous!
cb2e7ab7bd148dd4b9f84a54be815c05.jpg
b42516ef602e56f9a7d1c15cbec231ce.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back