2019 New England Frag Farmer's Market- Storrs CT 3/2/19

fitch4

BRS Member

Its back!!! I am putting together the 2019 edition of the New England Frag Farmer's Market to be hosted at E.O. Smith High School in Storrs CT on March 2nd, 2019 from 11am till 5pm. Starting as a chance for me, and my students, to host a frag swap at the school, promote aquaculture in the hobby, and show off the work that we are doing at the school with our corals, it has grown into the biggest single day event in the country, drawing over 1300 people last year (with a snow storm the day before...). With over 60 coral vendors there are more corals at the FFM that at any other show. I have a few talks lined up and a few other tricks up my sleeve to make this year's FFM even bigger and better than last year! Admission is still just $5 and all the proceeds go to support the school's coral project. I have started to use the funds to help support other school coral projects in the area as well- so it all goes to a good cause!

Thanks to Aresangel for letting me post this up!

See you all in March!
-Jon

I look forward to it!

For anyone who has not gone... go! Some of the best deals on hot corals because of the competition, and some sweet finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. You and me both!

Just don’t bring plastic. No paper trail for me [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got word that Caribsea will be supplying the water for the Frag Farmer's Market again. With 60+ coral vendors, all wanting just a little water, that is no small thing! Thanks to Betsey and the crew down at Caribsea for helping out again this year, and for their continued support of the E.O. Smith Coral Project!

I always think of it this way, if you would drive an hour to go to a good fish store (I've driven farther...), why not drive two hours to see 60+ fish stores, and some of the online ones you would never get to see in person!

It's better than seeing 60+ stores in one place. How many times a year do you get to be around your reefing fam. Its gonna be so awesome to see everyone again!

So true. There are people that I see once a year at the FFM. Awesome to see such a huge group of reefers from all over the area together again. When you guys come out, make sure to stop by my room and say hi!

You could sneak out for opening and shop around for an hour or two. Doors open at 11am

You could sneak out for opening and shop around for an hour or two. Doors open at 11am

Why would I want to do that? I wouldn't have time to acclimate when I got home plus I don't want to work at all :cool:

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back