2019 New England Frag Farmer's Market- Storrs CT 3/2/19

I might have to finally make the trip down... Might have to do some creative work scheduling though supposed to work at 4 pm that day :rolleyes:

FFM is a Must Attend for anyone in this hobby. Nowhere else on earth will you see an absolute frenzy of reefing; best vendors; best patrons. Bring cash, and if you like big healthy acros, find me. Merry Christmas everyone-Demos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, lets start with some of the FFM announcements!!!
This year, we are going to host something different at the FFM- a celebrity painting session! At 1pm, in one of the classrooms, Rachel Fogle of Reef Weeds is going to be running a painting session for people to come in and do a Zoanthid painting with her. Its like a "Paint and Sip" but without the sip (sorry, it is a school...). You will spend an hour or so with Rachel, painting and at the end of the day, get to take your painting home! It's a great chance to have some fun, spend some time with Rachel, and learn a little painting. It would be great way to spend an hour at the FFM for any frustrated artists, bored spouses, etc... Best part- it's free! I only have space, and materials, for 18 people to come paint with Rachel, so the first 18 people who email me at [email protected] will get a spot. I will make a wait list after that.
*We were really thinking of this for adults. Kids are welcome but any kids under 12 must have an adult painting with them.

The 2019-2020 FFM Coral Topiary Contest!​

Jon Simmons from Boston Aqua Farms is in the process of custom making me 50 of these Moai (~4" tall) to send home with 50 different people at the FFM this year. Your challenge is to take the Moai home and turn it into something amazing by growing coral, sponges, anemones, whatever on it in your reef. As it progresses over the year, post your best pictures in the CT Frag Farmer's Market group on FB, to show your work. One week before next year's FFM (which will be on 3/7/20), we (my students and I) will look through all of the images from the year and pick the best, most creative, Moai topiary. The winner will receive a $50 FFM Gift Certificate for the 2020 FFM, and a Boston Aqua Farms fragging prize package. Thanks to Jon for agreeing to help out with this.

"Official" Rules:
-Email me at [email protected] to get your name on the list to be one of the 50 people to take one home - first emailed, first in
-Only one Moai per person
-Must be picked up at the 2019 FFM
-The Moai must be added to a saltwater tank (no cactus Moai, painted Moai, etc...)
-Photos must be of the actual Moai in a tank, not photoshopped

Last edited:
A few people have asked me if they can grab a Moai but not have to do the Facebook aspect of it. Being someone who is not all that FB connected (I only use it for the FFM and reef related things), I understand. If people would like to do the Moai contest, but not have to join or post on FB, that works for me. I just ask that you do me a favor and email me the pics, or PM them on the forum, so I can post them up for people to see. Hopefully that works!

Here is the vendor list for the 2019 FFM...

Corals + Livestock
AC Corals
Alex's Advanced Aquatics
Aquatic Creations
Aquadreams
RozArt Corals
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections
Blake's Aquaden
Blastomaster
Blue View Aquatics
Cheesy Corals
Coralcruze
Koral Craze
Coral Reef Connection
Covey's Coral Cove
Credable Coral Labs
Cully's Corals
DBReef
Dr. Salomon Corals
E.O. Smith Coral Project
Elmafioso52988
Exotic Fish and Corals
Fish Ninja
Frank180Reef
FUPA
Greg Demos - Aquacultured Acropora
Greg Hiller
Greg's Corals
Rick Correira
Headie Corals
Jason Foxx
King Pin Coral
Kwong1998
Back Woods Reefs
Manny Cabral
Marine Science Magnet School
Matt Spaulding
Mike Herbas
Micheal Reeve (Underwater Bliss)
Tidal Wave Aquatics
Mod Corals
Mocorals
No Comp Clowns
NY Coral King
Ocean State Aquatics
Pablo
Pacific East Aquaculture
Paulywalnuts
Pieces of the Ocean
Pop Corals
Reef Creations
Reef Junkies
Reef Shine Guys
Reef Trends
Rich Beck Jr.
Rick W.
RTMA Corals
Rudy Batara
School of Fish
Roaming Reefer
SickNTwisted Corals
Son and Sand
SteelerMike
Supreme Reefs
Talon's Cove
Tank Breakers
Tidal Wave Aquatics
The Reef Shoppe
TJM Corals
Triggreef
TSM Corals
Ultimate Corals
Usctom
Wet Pets
Zooanthids.com

Clubs
Boston Reefers
CTARS
LIRA
NY Reefs

Schools
Hall High School
Natchaug Elementary School
Marine Science Magnet School

“Dry Goods” CompaniesAgcore Technologies
Brightwell
Caribsea
Cobalt Aquatics
Colchester Pet
Credible Coral Labs Art
Dirks
Fritz
GHL
Kimmies Cupcakes
Mike's Phyto
Monti Caps
Mystic Aquarium
Neptune Systems
Polyp Labs
Quality Marine
Reef Breeders
Reef Nutrition
Reef Rax
Reef Shine
Reef Trends
Reef Weeds
Rock Hard Reefs
Sea Chem
Tropic Marin

Official rules:
-It is a 16 person, single elimination tournament.
-The first 16 people to email me at [email protected] get a space in the 1st Annual FFM Cornhole Tournament. You need to email me with a name and a cell phone number so we can call you if you forget to come to your match.
-The round of 16 will start at 1pm and times will be posted for the second round and beyond, at the FFM.
-I will email the times for the matches after we have filled the spaces for the tournament.
-Any player not present for their match, will forfeit and the other player will move on to the next round.
-The winner of the tournament will have to hug Seth Swayne of the Reef Shine Guys to claim their prize.

Less than 2 weeks to go before the biggest single day show in the US- just a quick drive down 84 for you guys!

Eye candy
IMG_20190219_140650.jpg

Torches
Acans
Aquacultured. Elegances
Hammers frog
Zoos and Affordable zoos

$10 separate frag tank
Room 111, discounts before 1145

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B