275g Oasis Build

Few people can say that their wives have stabbed a crab in their fish tank. You should feel proud Archit

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Few people can say that their wives have stabbed a crab in their fish tank. You should feel proud Archit

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
lol I sure am! I was planning to put a trap in and catch him (confirmed it was a male) whenever he made his way in there. My wife literally said "eff that!" and hopped on the ladder with 2 forks and a scissor! lmao it was quite entertaining to watch .. not gonna lie :) she lodged the two forks in the rocks to push him out, and then BAM! in went the scissors in his back.

I guess she was really upset about the torn fins on our clowns :p

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

yeah all rocks were dry ... I think it came on one of the first pieces of coral / rock that I put in there .. the rock was really big so probably didn't get dipped as well as my other corals ...

also initially that was the rock my clowns used to hang out around... until they got their fins nipped...

just our theory anyway .. either way, glad to have him out :)

Just wanted to share pics of my new favorite coral :) I'm a sucker for torches :p

3a99580f55b9c24946e517e192385361.jpg

febe9dea64fe6a78312fb2c99f5a304e.jpg

1d460c3ce312bd1e0d611c28d8337254.jpg

Last pic has a Indo gold torch in the background for color comparison

That torch looks awesome. Now I want to pick up another one. Fish are loving the Blackworms. Especially the Bengai. Never seen him go after food like that before.

That torch looks awesome. Now I want to pick up another one. Fish are loving the Blackworms. Especially the Bengai. Never seen him go after food like that before.
thank you! :) I had been chasing that color combo for over a year and FINALLY was able to get it online. Definitely wiped out my fish budget but I think it's worth every penny.

And I'm glad the fish are loving the worms! :) My fish devour them in seconds -- no matter how many I put in. I put in 1 Lineatus, 1 Rhomboid, and 3 Choati wrasses in the tank this week, and all but 2 chaotis are going nuts on these worms :p Now just need to get the other 2 Choatis to eat ...

I'm not sure how I missed this but I just finished reading it. Did you ever find the video of the tide pool?

I'm so bringing my coral clippers ( and some chloroform) when I swing by to pick up the worms. . Watching the vid has me drooling a bit. Nice torch too, but them sticks....

I'm not sure how I missed this but I just finished reading it. Did you ever find the video of the tide pool?

Totally forgot to look for it :) It's on my laptop that I rarely use. I'll try to dig it up :)

I'm so bringing my coral clippers ( and some chloroform) when I swing by to pick up the worms. . Watching the vid has me drooling a bit. Nice torch too, but them sticks....

hahaha sure, you got it! You can use my coral clippers lol

I would love to see those Choatis and the Lineatus wrasses. Did you get them online? They out or hiding?
I'll try to make a video tomorrow -- might need my wife's assistance so I can make the video with my dslr.

All fish are out and eating :) Choatis now eat everything I put in the tank except for flakes. Slow and steady, I'm sure they'll start eating flakes as well :) Got them all at Love The Reef; had them special ordered and picked them up the minute they arrived.

Also ordered 10,000 pods and live phytoplankton online so my choatis and Dragon pipefish can hunt all day (did I forget to mention I got a pair of Dragon pipefish too? :p). Should be fun to see them happy!

ahhhh things we do for our fish ... :)

Moved most of my corals on the sandbed to the frag tank, so figured I'd take pics of these beauties that I couldn't before :)

29586703922_55d6934a65_z.jpg

29586700332_2abea2f2df_z.jpg

This is the biggest mushroom I have ever seen!

29662587236_89641320fb_z.jpg

29586702162_4240aae3a0_z.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back