2nd tank! Wife is gonna kill me now!

I know the one time I used Cupermine the recommended level was .5. Anything really higher was toxic and lower was far less effective. Make sure the brand your running is doing what your hoping its doing at .3. Also keep in mind if you plan on using that tank or selling in the future, copper can remain in there. Not sure of the process of getting it out or if you even can. I'd hate to see it leach out in the future on you or someone else. For the QT, I would not let anything from the DT near it. I'd use new water only. Even tools, cleaners, feeders, etc, keep everything separate. (even water change tools)

Yes, definitely don't use the DT water into the QT - it could reinfest the fish each time.

Thanks... i don't share equipment or cleaning tools form the dt with the qt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the copper is used in that temp tank with the fish, last I remember its no good to set up with coral ever again. I would look that up so the tank isn't ruined if thats the case... EDIT- I see someone mentioned it.

Last edited:
I had a drag tank that was used with copper , just rinse it out with kalkwasser saturated water over night. The kalk will draw out the copper

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back