40 breeder that could

Almost had the recipe right. No deal lol
585CA0BD-F518-4F43-B304-1463C7CB9D7E.jpeg

Chris,
This is a great buy for a CaRx. The only way I would run a CaRx is with a peristaltic pump as the feeding of the reactor. I used to hate CaRx because the effluent will just get clogged and the rate changes over time(within a month or so) and it's a constant battle of adjusting the valve. With a peristaltic pump, it's pressure intolerance and can deliver the feed water into the reactor very consistently. I've spent $800 for a "slightly used" Masterflex peristaltic pump just to run the CaRx and many has as well. This pump is $150! and if its probably more quiet than the masterflex as well. I might give it a try but the Masterflex has been bulletproof.

Got a little closer to having everything for my calcium reactor
View attachment 134425

This is interesting regarding the Versa pump. So if you are running it wide open at 250-300ML a minute how loud is it? So do you think this is more reliable than a simple tom's aqua lifter that pumps 3.5gallons a hour?

So I HATE the eshopps overflow and becouse of that and the starboard that’s loose I decided to swap the tank and added a exotic marine overflow and no starboard. I will be able to increase my turnover rate and keep peace of mind with the water level not being a millimeter away from spilling out of the rear box. Will be posting some softies probably next weekend for free.
Here’s the progress of the new tank so far

FCC5A07D-3C33-4BCC-B045-A8F87FC94C4E.jpeg
E7E2AA7F-3658-4F1C-B43A-634DC450D195.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back