54 gal corner tank bulid

nbpt27

Rich
Starting a 54 gal corner tank build. I have a kessil 160 tuna blue light and a wet/dry filter with skimmer built in. Just trying to use old equipment I have left over from previous years of reefing. Two powerhead a mp40 and mp10. 250 watt heayter and a return pump flo to 1000 gph. Pic to follow at I put thing together. Any other suggestion for equipment. Is the 160 to small of a light for the tank?

1 160 will be fine if you want 1 piece of coral directly under it near the top of the tank. If you want more it will be insufficient

Starting a 54 gal corner tank build. I have a kessil 160 tuna blue light and a wet/dry filter with skimmer built in. Just trying to use old equipment I have left over from previous years of reefing. Two powerhead a mp40 and mp10. 250 watt heayter and a return pump flo to 1000 gph. Pic to follow at I put thing together. Any other suggestion for equipment. Is the 160 to small of a light for the tank?

Up and running for 1week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 189
That Kessil looks like a 360 instead of 160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the tank has been up and running for a week and was thinking of adding a fish or 2 to help the cycle. Was thinking of a gold banned maroon clown or a cardinal fish. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
That’s the filter system on the tank. I am looking for a new or used trigger system. Anyone out here have one for sale?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 175
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back