57 Rimless Build by BiGGie

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
So I've aquired yet another aquarium. This time I'm setting up a 57 gallon Deep Blue Rimless tank. I came across a smoking deal and couldn't say no to it. Tank, stank, custom glass sump and a return pump for $100. So far I gave the sump away to a club member, painted the inside of the cabinet with Rust-Oleum Appliance Epoxy and cleaned the tank. In the next couple of days, I plan on cutting and drilling up some rock and slapping some Marco rocks together for a nice scape. Hopefully, Black Friday/Cyber Monday I can score a few more deals for this build. Planning this to be predominantly SPS with maybe some nice chalice pieces down low. Ecotech Radions will be my lights of choice, mp40's for wavemakers, Geo's reef CaRx for CA/dKH stability. Stay tuned as this progresses slowly, lol.
IMG_20191105_163846-02.jpeg

Are you building your own sump, or have an extra already, or plumbing into another system?

Christmas came early for me today, wish I didn't have to buy gifts for 4 kids, hahahaha. Anyway, here is what came in today.
Trigger Systems Sapphire 34 Sump and Sapphire 10 gallon ATO container. Some pics.
IMG_20191130_140746.jpg

IMG_20191130_140817.jpg

IMG_20191130_135752.jpg

Switching things up a little over here. Built a massive 2 x 4 stand for a rimless frag tank with a shelf for the sump and matching ATO. This will allow me to at least sit in a chair instead of being on the floor with my back. Surgeon called the other day and I'm requiring 2 different fusions, so that'll be fun said no one ever. Hoping to start plumbing on Sunday when I get back from FFM.
IMG_20200305_175527.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back