70 Gallon Prize at MACNA

Scuba_Dave said:
Uh, wasn't it a 75 gallon.. :rolleyes: :confused:
Nope 70. I think. We got no manuals or documentation or list of livestock or anything. No one knows the type of anthias so far. Too bad the bulk of the fish didn't make it from florida. I'm not by any strech complaining, but I understand that there were supposed to be some other fish too. I just would have loved to see what they were going to put in. As it is I'm surprised that it wasn't a grand prize by itself and was in the drawing box with the 90.
We didn't help just to get two clams (believe it or not we have easy access to those at wholesale costs with Mike owning the store and all :)). Plus I said we would help before you offered anything
I know, but his ears sure perked up when he heard "clams":) Thanks again to both of you, we would have really been stuck without help.

Hey Cindy - Congrats on winning the tank.
Just an FYI - that tank was a late entry into the raffle. Since the two tanks were very similar and the disclaimer was the same, it seemed the best way to make it fair. It would have had its own box if I could have gotten the information before the raffle opened, but once it opened we had to think of a way to "slip it in". So glad you got it!
Paula

No problem :). My SUV didn't smell too bad this morning from the rugs getting wet, so it's all good ;) hehe. Mike's ears perk up at the mention of lots things, food, baseball, football, fast cars, beer, anything that takes place in the bedroom, fish, clams, corals, being lazy on the couch, getting out of doing laundry or chores, hehehe :D. We both like to help people when they need it, and if we have the time, which we happened to have last night. It may not have been number 1 on our list of stuff to do, but I know I would have greatly appreciated the help if the role was reversed so I couldn't say no.

Mike if you read this..............

You know it's true (but I Love you anyway ;))

that anthias looks familiar, but i can't put a name on it. My guess is it's a pseudanthias species tho...try fishbase

i'll keep searching my books and the net

I guess fishbase has confirmed my thought I would say Randall's anthias, aka Randall's fairy basslet, aka Resplendent basslet, aka Pseudanthias randalli . But I can't find them for sale anywhere, or any info about them.

Cindy,
The aquarium looks wonderful! It was a pleasure meeting some of the folks from BRS, and we really enjoyed the conference. Unfortunately we had to fly out earlier in the day on Sunday, and missed the raffle. I want to offer my services to personally answer any questions that you have regarding the aquarium. Please feel free to email me at [email protected], or feel free to call 1-800-334-3699, and explain to the agent that you are the person who won the aquarium at MACNA and wish to speak with the Director of LiveAquaria. To answer a few of your questions the Anthias are Pseudanthias fasciatus or Redstripe Anthias. I believe there were one male and the rest females. The coral in post #5 is a Trachyphyllia geofffroyi or Green Open Brain, post #6 is Cynarina lacrymalis or Red Doughnut Coral. Once again thank you all for a great conference.

Sincerely,

Kevin Kohen
Director of LiveAquaria
Drs. Foster & Smith

really love the Yellow Monti Cap. If you decide to frag it or a piece "falls" off...I'd be interested!!!!

Is that the yellow one on the left or the right? I did have a few inch long frags of the one on the left from moving. That was the only one that broke. I gave two away, but I'll see if I can find any more if thats the one you're interested in. it floresses a beautifull orange under the moonlights.

the yellow one on the left is what I was referring to. looks great.

the one on the right looks really bright!!! that one's great too!!!

u got lucky! an instant tank!

Last edited:
i forgot to say, CONGRADS! i didn't get to make it unfortunately

that monti looks like a nice piece

Everything looks good. The bright orange sun pollups havn't extended except at the bottom, but the yellow ones are out nice. I made overhangs for both of them and they seem happier. Any advice on feeding these buggers would be great. I did the coke bottle over it thing with some cyclopeez, but didn't see anything happen. Not sure what something happening would look like.

They generally come out at a certain time, depending upon when they are used to being fed. Mine usually start to open about 10pm at night, once the main lights have shut off

Can anyone tell me how to display multiple pics in one post? Anyway, I couldn't resist showing the new aquascaping.

Attachments

• TankSM.jpg
    TankSM.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 205
Middle
I love how the arch came out, It is hard to see in the pic, but it is like a tripod with the greenish ric on the front leg and the fish can swim thorugh.

Attachments

• MidSm.jpg
    MidSm.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 202
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back