Advice cleaning a tank..

TomD

Non-member
Hey all, it's been a while. So my saltwater tank at work finally became too much for me since I've been given a lot more responsibility. Anyhow, I wind up getting flat worms, and aptasia. An awesome BRS member as most of you are came by today to take everything out of the tank and gave me some nice driftwood and more plants to come. My question is I'm a bit concerned about how to clean all the Coraline off this tank. As most of you know who have seen red sea tanks, the back is plastic so I really got to be careful with a razor. The front is Starfire glass and already has a few scratches that I couldn't see when the tank was full.

My plan was just to use white vinegar and a sponge and a razor on the glass while it's full with regular water and they do a few water changes until all the salt is gone. Does anybody have any advice on how to get the Coraline off the plastic without scraping up the tank?

I haven't done a freshwater tank in years but I'm actually looking for it to trying to make this look nice and easier on me since it's a work tank. Every time I go on vacation. It's a huge stressor. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
PXL_20220113_212640916.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back