afboundguy's downsizing 25 gallon cube build

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
BRS Member
Just got around to swapping out my RO membrane, sediment filters, carbon blocks and DI resin... Think they needed to be changed? I've changed the DI resin before but all the other filters are original from 5-6 years ago :rolleyes:

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpV8ncQB.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpqXgGD4.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpeicydu.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpJ1Jrsb.jpg

afboundguy

BRS Member
Now I'm just sitting around waiting for FedEx. They have 6 minutes until they're officially late with my berghia nudi's and new fish...

I also bought a few more SPS from dz6t yesterday after trading in some corals... Hope to snap some pictures when the tank clears up. I used some 2 part epoxy and it makes the skimmer bubble like crazy so not the best time for pictures...

They're down to 5 minutes now...

afboundguy

BRS Member
Finally heard back from the company that was delivering the berghias and new fish. They accidentally sent it to someone with the same name who lives in NJ who's a customer of theirs :eek:. Someone got a nice free delivery lol. They're resending the shipment Thurs night so I get it Fri when I'm home from work...

afboundguy

BRS Member
Ugh! You are not having luck with shipping lately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope... Here's hoping I get the shipment Friday early before 10:30 am like it's supposed to be...

That sucks for that guy... unless he's got a sw setup.. than it's a score!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I'm guessing he does since he's a repeat customer for him... Lucky guy getting $80ish free SW stuff...

afboundguy

BRS Member
I only have one small acan right now but I'll keep an eye on him. He looks quite happy hanging out in the SPS right now lol...

afboundguy

BRS Member
Finally got around to installing the LED supplemental lights from 21LEDUSA. I painted the aluminum brackets white and used all stainless steel screws.
20180218_083518_resized.jpg

afboundguy

BRS Member
I do think I'll get a little longer screw and some washers or nuts to make it flush with the bottom of the AI light but like it so far. Think I'll get another one and some of their actinic/purple lights as well. Plan to see how much PAR these blue lights get. I'm sure it's not much but I'd still like to know.
20180218_085620_resized.jpg

Upcoming Events

March 3, 2018
New England Frag Farmer's Market

April 28, 2018
Keep On Reefing Expo

May ??, 2018
2018 BRS Auction