afboundguy's downsizing (or upgrading???) 25 gallon cube build

Yes it's puffed up much nicer. It was also a little pissed from me placing it in the tank and moving it around a bit too...

Just got around to swapping out my RO membrane, sediment filters, carbon blocks and DI resin... Think they needed to be changed? I've changed the DI resin before but all the other filters are original from 5-6 years ago :rolleyes:

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpV8ncQB.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpqXgGD4.jpg

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpeicydu.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpJ1Jrsb.jpg

Now I'm just sitting around waiting for FedEx. They have 6 minutes until they're officially late with my berghia nudi's and new fish...

I also bought a few more SPS from dz6t yesterday after trading in some corals... Hope to snap some pictures when the tank clears up. I used some 2 part epoxy and it makes the skimmer bubble like crazy so not the best time for pictures...

They're down to 5 minutes now...

Finally heard back from the company that was delivering the berghias and new fish. They accidentally sent it to someone with the same name who lives in NJ who's a customer of theirs :eek:. Someone got a nice free delivery lol. They're resending the shipment Thurs night so I get it Fri when I'm home from work...

Ugh! You are not having luck with shipping lately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh! You are not having luck with shipping lately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope... Here's hoping I get the shipment Friday early before 10:30 am like it's supposed to be...

That sucks for that guy... unless he's got a sw setup.. than it's a score!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm guessing he does since he's a repeat customer for him... Lucky guy getting $80ish free SW stuff...

Also got a little yellow clown goby... He quite adorable not sure how he's going to eat anything being that small lol...

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpJDng84.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpDGNxNU.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpuddpsV.jpg

I only have one small acan right now but I'll keep an eye on him. He looks quite happy hanging out in the SPS right now lol...

Finally got around to installing the LED supplemental lights from 21LEDUSA. I painted the aluminum brackets white and used all stainless steel screws.
20180218_083518_resized.jpg

I do think I'll get a little longer screw and some washers or nuts to make it flush with the bottom of the AI light but like it so far. Think I'll get another one and some of their actinic/purple lights as well. Plan to see how much PAR these blue lights get. I'm sure it's not much but I'd still like to know.
20180218_085620_resized.jpg

So it's been a while since I've updated the thread but we recently got another puppy for some silly reason. She looks just like our older dog but she's deaf. We've had her for about a month and it's been a handful...
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpbz57a6.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpdgz80d.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpgGdvmQ.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpnAQCKl.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpSGuAzo.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpZk9GGY.jpg

As far as the tank goes I lost the clown goby. Well who knows he may be in there and I just can't see him but it's been a while since I've seen him. I did purchase an orchid dottyback which are one of my all time favorite fish.

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp9t5Zbx.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpMDAuVQ.jpg

Attachments

• varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp76SLCI.jpg
    varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp76SLCI.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 297
I've also started plans for getting a sump. I purchased an eshopps HOB overflow and I've been testing it out in the basement with plain water. I had planned on having it all set up but then we got the puppy so the plans went to the back of the list. I purchased a better gate valve with the knob to get the adjustment better for the herbie method. I purposely got an oversized overflow with two pipes just so I could use the herbie method.

For now I will use the current HOB skimmer I have and in the future I'll swap it out for a better internal skimmer. Now that the puppy has calmed down I plan on measuring and gluing the piping and then letting it run with fresh water for several days to possibly a week in the basement to be on the extra safe side...

varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp65kFbn.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpEd6NUI.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpfDavSI.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back