AI Prime 16HD help

Jbissell1289

the_Great_Bissell_Reef
BRS Member
So getting a 20 gallon aio soon and trying to figure out what light I want. I’ve always preferred bar lights because I like the lower profile and less reflected light to the room. But I’m researching the ai prime and can’t find any info. Does it have any white leds?

Bulk reef has lots of info about light and setup videos. The pic included are the channels you can adjust I’m sure there’s a list of leds on google if your looking for a count or specifics I loved my primes on 20 gallon I used two
8E35C47F-57D0-4638-B045-D67E1AF1E655.png

I personally use a single AI Prime 16HD and get perfect coverage (80-160 PAR) Top to bottom. Side to side. Perfect for LPS/Softies which is exactly what I have. I would highly recommend. If you are worried about coverage, go 2 and lower the power.

I got my settings from BRS. I love the color. But slight adjustments for color should not have a major impact on PAR.

Light is 14" above the water per BRS recommendation.
Screenshot_20201222-145914_myAI.jpg
20210105_195702.jpg

I personally use a single AI Prime 16HD and get perfect coverage (80-160 PAR) Top to bottom. Side to side. Perfect for LPS/Softies which is exactly what I have. I would highly recommend. If you are worried about coverage, go 2 and lower the power.

I got my settings from BRS. I love the color. But slight adjustments for color should not have a major impact on PAR.

Light is 14" above the water per BRS recommendation.View attachment 155219View attachment 155220
You only get 160 or with it? Hmm maybe I will go with a fluval or current USA. I get around that with my stock fluval evo light.

You only get 160 or with it? Hmm maybe I will go with a fluval or current USA. I get around that with my stock fluval evo light.
Well I have the light 14" above the tank to get good coverage on a 24" span. You could lower the light to get more PAR. Or get 2 for better coverage. For $210 each you can't beat the price for output and controlability.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back