Algae Scrubber & Copepod Grower

UnderArmour1980

Non-member
Hey Everyone,
I have just recently got back into the hobby after being away from aquariums for almost five years. While doing research for my new tank setup, i came across and new DIY project that appears to be very popular. I'm talking about algae scrubbers... I've seen a variety of setups but there's one I'm going to try that I haven't seen yet. I'm going to try and make an algae scrubber that is also a breeder for copepods or other similar food sources. I figure the copepods can eat the algae which is free so then I can in turn feed those copepods to my fish. I will be taking many pictures during this DIY project. If anybody has any input please share it.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Will love to see it .
I had a algae scrubber on my 150 gallon tank and was the best purchase i did on this hoby i dint believe until i saw how many pods i had on my tank and on the scrubber everytime i clean it

So what you're saying is the copepods are prolific in a normal algae scrubber and maybe I shouldn't try to make one that has a call Peapod grow out area because they already grow out a lot anyways?

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Yes they will gow out and live in the algae scrubber anyways .
They grow and eat the algae on the mesh .
No need for a grow out place .
The algae scrubber its allready a growout

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back