Alk help

davidsalata

Non-member
I have a 120G I use BRS part 2. I dose alk and calk at 90ML per day. My alk drops daily. How much should I raise my ML per day? I have a lot of sps work strong growth.

It seems to of dropped from 7.8 to 6.8 in 3 days. Maybe the first test was wrong?

I just recalibrated my doser. The alk was at 9 now is back to 10ml calibrated

I’m going on a vacation for 11 days in 2 days. I finally fixed my doser been trying to get it right I wish I had more time.

Should I raise my alk to at least 100ml per day with the calk?

For what it's worth I've always had to dose more alk than calcium with my 2 part BRS solution. I'd start slow like you mentioned and see what happens...

I have a 120G I use BRS part 2. I dose alk and calk at 90ML per day. My alk drops daily. How much should I raise my ML per day? I have a lot of sps work strong growth.

It seems to of dropped from 7.8 to 6.8 in 3 days. Maybe the first test was wrong?

I just recalibrated my doser. The alk was at 9 now is back to 10ml calibrated

I’m going on a vacation for 11 days in 2 days. I finally fixed my doser been trying to get it right I wish I had more time.

Should I raise my alk to at least 100ml per day with the calk?

What is for you a lot of sps ?

Please post a full tank picture.

Daniel

I am asking because a drop of 1 Alk unit in 3 days is a LOT. Or your tank really explode of SPS or you have a precipitation issue or your pumps stop for 3 days or something else.

A picture will be very valuable to understand what could "probably be your consumption " by people that use BRS 2 parts.

I use B-ionic 2 parts. But that is different. In my tank, that is pretty full, to have a 1 dkh decay in 3 days I probably have to almost stop the dosing pumps. BTW I never did that :)

This is my tank for you to have an idea.

Best
Daniel

On my two sps systems, one consumes 3 dkh per day, another one 3.5 dkh per day.
Both calcium reactors are “dripping “ like fire hoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Dong said if you have that much of a swing you may be ready for a ca reactor.

I would slowly hand dose back up (in addition to the auto dosers) and then fine tune from there to accommodate the corals uptake. Also test at the same time of day. Otherwise you could measure at the lowest point one day and the highest point the next and over compensate.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back