Alk is low and can’t do water change

absolutecarrot

Non-member
So I have not done a water change in 2 and a half weeks when I usually do it every week. This has caused me alkalinity to drop to 6.5. I’m not sure what to do because I can’t get water to do a water change. all my corals are fine but I am planning on doing a 25 percent water change when I get water. I would love some suggestions on what to do. Thanks

Maybe you should dose 2 part for Alk and Cal. What is your Calcium at? How big is the tank? Coral load? If you're able to maintain Alk with just water changes, you shouldn't need much.

Maybe you should dose 2 part for Alk and Cal. What is your Calcium at? How big is the tank? Coral load? If you're able to maintain Alk with just water changes, you shouldn't need much.

I am getting some Kalkwasser to put in my ato soon. My calcium is at 400 and my tank is 20 gallons. I mostly have lps and softy’s only 1 sps.

Any reason you can not get water? To mix salt, you can use distilled water from Market Basket

Tests all parameters on water you get there. I did and was surprised with my results. Your better off making your own than buying second hand water. Upfront costs will be worth it in long run.

Tests all parameters on water you get there. I did and was surprised with my results. Your better off making your own than buying second hand water. Upfront costs will be worth it in long run.

Thanks that’s what I’m planning to do just in this occasion I need water fast

Setting up a nice water mixing station or getting the necessary gear is truly worth it in the long run, makes the hobby so much more enjoyable.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back