Anemone questions

gene22

BRS Member
I have a few Black Widow anemones and some of them appear to be leaching and their tentacles are shrinking looking like nubs. The ones that are not looking good are on the same rock. I am trying to figure out the cause. Please let me know if anyone has experience this. I am thinking lighting or flow. I am running an IM SR60 with Reef Breeders Photon V2 Leds and a Maxspect XF330 dual head Gyre power head.

Thanks

What are your water parameters? You dont have to feed nems but it does help. Do you know how much par its getting? My nem is at the bottom of the tank and is only getting about 220 par. I also use reefbreeders.

What are your water parameters? You dont have to feed nems but it does help. Do you know how much par its getting? My nem is at the bottom of the tank and is only getting about 220 par. I also use reefbreeders.
The bottom of your tank gets 220 par ?!?! thats nuts

The bottom of your tank gets 220 par ?!?! thats nuts
Well it's not exactly the sand bed. It's a small flat rock it sits on but yea the last time I used the par meter it was reading 220 and at the highest point on my rock scape was reading 550. The sand bed its self was reading about 180-190

Well it's not exactly the sand bed. It's a small flat rock it sits on but yea the last time I used the par meter it was reading 220 and at the highest point on my rock scape was reading 550. The sand bed its self was reading about 180-190
That's crazy, I guess I'm only using 1 ai prime on a nuvo 20 now compared to all the lights on my 125 but still. I take it you grow a lot of sps?

That's crazy, I guess I'm only using 1 ai prime on a nuvo 20 now compared to all the lights on my 125 but still. I take it you grow a lot of sps?
Yes lol mainly sps

20210227_191052.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back