Anemone trouble

TJ Reefer

Formerly Known as FishFail
BRS Member
I have an anemone that is waging war on my coral. It is on a rock that supports a shelf so I can't move the rock. However I need this thing off! any suggestions? Even if I need to kill it unfortunately. It has already killed 1 forrest fire and is now working on my rastas and utter chaos. Thank You.

My son and I had four bta on a rock that were attacking a nice acro piece. The ice cube trick didn't work for us (melts pretty quickly in tank water) but were able to get them off with credit card. Killed one, but three survived and we transferred to another tank where now grown to five.

Never had the experience myself but have heard of others having luck with the credit card method.

The powerhead method does sound like a good try.

I just let a fingernail on my index get long, then gentle rub on one edge, back and forth as the anemone slime coats the fingertip it makes it very gentle on the anemone. They release easily. Highly irregular surfaces are much more difficult. They can loose small sections of pedal disc and live to sting something another day.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back