Another newbie

davev

BRS Member
Well, depending on your definition, I may not be that much of a newbie after all..

I've previously kept cichlids and always had dreams of moving up to a salt water reef tank. Well, I finally got that chance a couple of years ago and, quite honestly, have been struggling to get my tank into a point where I feel comfortable adding coral ever since.

Long story short; I came to the group to hopefully leverage the collective wisdom of BRS and finally get this tank sorted out and start enjoying the hobby.

So, without further cluttering up my first post with my tank's rather sad story, I was wondering if there is a good place to post some questions? Perhaps the Reef Talk forum??

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome! Reef Talk is the main forum for any type of husbandry or equipment type questions you may have. Feel free to ask away and you will def get an answer or at least some opinions.

Hi Dave! Welcome to the forums! Reef talk is the go to section for questions and support. Our meetings are great face to face and another public forum for advice and questions.

My tank took a year and a half for all the algae blooms to run their course. This group has helped me out tremendously and I hope we can help you as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh, I too came from Cichlids and am now doing my first salt/reef tank.

I have spent the last 6 months or so in hyper-research mode, I am just now getting ready to start.

-JCL

Welcome to the group don't hesitate to ask questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back