Another what is this thread

Abrooks12376

Non-member
Hmmm, frogspawn base
947f599cc9fc28e8fe11034bbc99ff48.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Looks like tube worms
And if you're referring to those things sticking out straight could be offspring of the frogspawn

I think they are a type of tube worm. They make sharp little tubes they live in. I had some on some live rock I picked up in Barre damn thing cut me. I don't know the specific type of worm but that is what I was told they were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any other thoughts people? We are losing him to other forums. Can some more of the masters weigh in? I know I am still an armature but want to make sure people come here with questions rather than just to shop [emoji16]

Any other thoughts people? We are losing him to other forums. Can some more of the masters weigh in? I know I am still an armature but want to make sure people come here with questions rather than just to shop [emoji16]

Haha I'm all in here man.. I'm just venturing out for the sake of my frogspawn.. luckily I have the resources at my finger tips. I take it all in graciously, I appreciate the work put in by others! I'm just slightly freaking out a bit because this tank is beautiful and I don't want another ugly tank in my fish cave..

We tend to worry too much, human nature. We forget nature usually will find a way ;)

We tend to worry too much, human nature. We forget nature usually will find a way ;)
I can dig it.. nature is vast and unrestricted, this is a 45 gal closed system ;) I'm all about letting things be. At the same time if there is a preemptive strike in the manual than I'm all ears.

you have vermetid tube worms on the base. (hard tubes). they can be very prolific and cause issues. the sweepers can irritate some corals into recession.. I would try and break the hard tubes at the base of the coal.. the whiter lines.. no idea

you have vermetid tube worms on the base. (hard tubes). they can be very prolific and cause issues. the sweepers can irritate some corals into recession.. I would try and break the hard tubes at the base of the coal.. the whiter lines.. no idea
Thanks for the reply, should i remove the coral when i strip the tubes?will they just attach somewhere else and continue on if removed in the tank?

Bascially if those hard tubes have bits of slimey string that come out from time to time their most likely vermetid snails.

If you see a crown or any fan like structure at the end of the tubes, their tube worms which filter feed although I'm sure some find their appearance and over abundance a nuisance.

Here's a close up of the slimey string.
4tYUfTa.jpg

Take the coral out and use a razor and an x-acto knife and scrap the entire structure off. Rinse off any debri with some tank water and hopefully that helps.
You may have them in more than one place at this point, keep your eyes open.

I had vermitad snails in one of my first tanks, they repopulated pretty quickly but didn't really bother too much.
Their stringy web though was rather unsightly and would irrate and close up some zoa polyps.

Without even realizing it they were all mowed down in my old tank by my Yellow Corris Wrasse, I don't know if the species as a whole delve in this realm of pest control but I got lucky with mine for sure.

Just a question is the op referring to the tubes (vermetid) or all the white stringy fuzzy stuff all over the rock
Because my vermetids shot there proboscis string out but only one it looks like the rock is covered in a different thing other than the ones at the top right base

Just a question is the op referring to the tubes (vermetid) or all the white stringy fuzzy stuff all over the rock
Because my vermetids shot there proboscis string out but only one it looks like the rock is covered in a different thing other than the ones at the top right base

All of it really.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back